Blog Advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Blog Advice
So I'm vaguely considering starting a blog. Maybe a general one that leans towards political and religious matters.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks, does anyone think it would be a good idea or would I be wasting my time. Be honest, I promise I won't cry.

Also if anyone does think it would be a good idea can anyone recommend a good website?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: Blog Advice
While I cannot recommend a site, I do think with your sense of humor and writing ability you should really consider this. I would certainly look forward to commenting Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
23-08-2012, 08:01 AM
i have two blogs on blogspot and am very happy with it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Blog Advice
I'm still surprised you can read, let alone write. Dodgy

Why wouldn't you do it? If you want to express yourself, go for it! There's Wordpress and Blogger as well as Leela's Blogspot.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Go for it, man. I'll read it. Big Grin

I tried my hand at it at one point, but my sense of humour and style of comedy lent itself better to stand-up... I have performed at a few open mic nights... usually goes down well.

Anyway, eh think you should dae it, pal!

[Image: opforum1.png]
23-08-2012, 08:15 AM
(23-08-2012 08:08 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I tried my hand at it at one point, but my sense of humour and style of comedy lent itself better to stand-up... I have performed at a few open mic nights... usually goes down well.

Really? And you called me "rather hilarious"? That adds a new level to that compliment.

I'd considered it myself, many years ago, but Bill Hicks stole my act. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
23-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I might just think that you have a hilarious face. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
23-08-2012, 08:22 AM
(23-08-2012 08:18 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I might just think that you have a hilarious face. Wink

Oh, you bitch! Handbags at dawn!
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post
23-08-2012, 08:23 AM
(23-08-2012 07:29 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  So I'm vaguely considering starting a blog. Maybe a general one that leans towards political and religious matters.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks, does anyone think it would be a good idea or would I be wasting my time. Be honest, I promise I won't cry.

Also if anyone does think it would be a good idea can anyone recommend a good website?

Wordpress is pretty good. It comes with lots of add-ons, so you can easily add pretty extras to make your blog look like more than a wall of text. Unless wall of text (tl;dr) is what you're aiming at...
23-08-2012, 09:05 AM
(23-08-2012 07:29 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  So I'm vaguely considering starting a blog. Maybe a general one that leans towards political and religious matters.

Interesting. If you're hesitant, you could set up a kind of timed goal for your blog. Possibly maintain a focus on a particular politician or platform for a specific period, example 1 year - and state that right from the beginning.

A focused blog about the social, political, economic, and secular/religious issues which that platform or politician effects during that time. And more importantly, what that politician or platform may have missed. Continue returning to the original stance expressed in the platform and noting the changes and/or progress. If there is a goal, it mightl be easier for you and your readers to focus.

Bottom line - there always needs to be a secular viewpoint out there. At least try, if it's not for you, then you've at least learned that. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein