Blogs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Blogs?
http://scientosis.blogspot.com/2013/02/bad-science.html

Bad Science is my new topic

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 09:46 AM
http://scientosis.blogspot.com/2013/04/bs-opinions.html

First update in a while. This is on opinions, particularly geared towards the marriage issue.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
08-04-2013, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 08:32 PM by TheAmazingAustralopithecus.)
I checked out the blog and as I said I really enjoyed it. You inspired me to start my own Tongue.

So I might as well answer the questions.

1) Does anyone else have a blog? Yes.
if yes A) Is it worth it? Just started it but yes its worth having an outlet.
B) Do you enjoy it? Yes, its good to rant and rave, or at least have the option.
C) Does anyone read it? Probably not yet, but hopefully.
D) Do you care if anyone reads it? I would like people to read it, but I could survive if its only function was for me to write stuff out.

2) Does anyone here care about any of my thoughts to the point of thinking it could make for coherent blog ramblings? (whether you agree with me on certain issues or not. I'm looking at you Chas on the gun rights and Muffs on...something else I can no longer remember we disagreed on) This seems irrelevant now Tongue.

3) Does anyone here regularly read any other blogs? Not as yet, no. But from what I've read I'll answer A and B.
If yes A) Is it only because you agree with them? No.
B) Do they write well, or is it just about the content? Both.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
[+] 1 user Likes TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
09-04-2013, 05:54 AM
I think you should produce media in the form you are consuming it. If you are reading blogs, write blogs. If you are reading facebook, write facebook. If you are watching youtube, make youtube videos. Better to be an ignored and unimportant content producer than solely a content consumer.

That is all.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
09-04-2013, 06:56 AM
(09-04-2013 05:54 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Better to be an ignored and unimportant content producer than solely a content consumer.

Which is why we are now suffocating under an avalanche of empty, talentless, mediocre crap in all media and arts.

I get it that everyone wants to talk, but the way things are going, there won't be anyone left to listen, just a whole bunch of people talking to themselves.

Not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that more often than not, the amazingly wise things we feel we just have to share with the world, well... the world can very well do without...

But of course, there is this: "You don't understand the humiliation of it – to be tricked out of the single assumption which makes our existence viable – that somebody is watching. … we caught sight of ourselves, stripped naked in the middle of nowhere and pouring ourselves down a bottomless well." And this where Internet comes in, allowing us to gleefully lie to ourselves that somebody is, indeed, watching.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
19-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Though people may not be interested, eh whatever.
I do have a blog.
And here is a link: "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user