Blogs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Blogs?
So, I have been toying with the idea of doing a blog for a few months now, but I have a couple of concerns.

1) Nobody really gives a shit about what I have to say. We all like to think very highly of ourselves to the point of thinking people would want to read our opinions on any given subject. I mean we come to this forum to discuss things, but no one here considers anyone else's comments a "must-read" or considers anyone here the "main attraction." So, I don't feel like it would be all that beneficial to start one that is nothing more than a self-gratifying rambling of words to feed my narcissism.

2) It would be nothing more than a publicly available diary. I would want to discuss ideas and stories as they arise but blogs seem like one-sided affairs (which is why I like this forum because it is all about comment and reply). On the other hand, sometimes I do just feel the need to rant without the need for anyone to really read it. Sometimes that is just therapeutic, but can it be therapeutic without being a blog? (I'm thinking of the Office here where Ryan sets up Creed's "blog" on his computer)

3) There are already so many blogs out there, and even if I had something relevant to say, would I say it better or in a more entertaining way than anyone else? Ergo, even if people wanted to read it, would they read what I wrote over anyone else?

So, my questions are these.

1) Does anyone else have a blog?
if yes A) Is it worth it?
B) Do you enjoy it?
C) Does anyone read it?
D) Do you care if anyone reads it?

2) Does anyone here care about any of my thoughts to the point of thinking it could make for coherent blog ramblings? (whether you agree with me on certain issues or not. I'm looking at you Chas on the gun rights and Muffs on...something else I can no longer remember we disagreed on)

3) Does anyone here regularly read any other blogs?
If yes A) Is it only because you agree with them?
B) Do they write well, or is it just about the content?

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: Blogs?
This would be a good Blog topic. You should consider doing it as a Blog. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Also worth noting, I would focus mainly on issues relating to science. Particularly its perception in the public and popular eye.

Evolve
21-12-2012, 09:30 AM
(21-12-2012 09:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This would be a good Blog topic. You should consider doing it as a Blog. Consider
A blog about blogging. The internet might explode. Evil_monster

Evolve
21-12-2012, 09:30 AM
"I stopped asking and longed instead to speak of my thoughts and feelings. Alas, there was no one besides myself who found me interesting.", Tove Jansson
[Image: 1667114-muumipappa_large.jpeg]
This is where I stand on the world being interested in what I have to say. Of course, from this it naturally follows, that no one will be interested in the above either. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
21-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Touche Vera Consider

But then I think about how much I enjoy the random ramblings of someone like Twain. Not just his books, but the random quotes he has that are no more than a sentence or two and say pretty much everything you're thinking. If HE could do a blog, it would be epic.

Evolve
21-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I would be interested in your blog especially your science focus.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-12-2012, 09:36 AM
(21-12-2012 09:34 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I would be interested in your blog especially your science focus.
Gracias!

But Vera may be right to in mirroring my original concerns. Perhaps I should just stick to a thread or something here. But I don't really want to do that either because most won't really care and it will just become another recurrent thread that others will have to wade around.

Evolve
21-12-2012, 09:39 AM
I think I'm just going to try it and see what happens.

What's the worst that could happen? People ignore me and it fades into the oblivion of blogging hell?

Fuck it.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-12-2012, 09:41 AM
No, if you want to do it, you should do it. God knows (or doesn't, as he doesn't really exist Tongue) that there are plenty of idiots inundating us with their mindless crap, we can at least have someone smart do it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post