Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian
Sounds more like confirmation bias and BS to me.... of course with Faux News eating this shit up.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
14-04-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian
I'm going out to see it tonight! Going out into the bay to get an unobstructed view. I'll report back if the warewolves don't eat us.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I couldn't get through the whole vid. I'd rather SCIENCE. Tongue

I'm going for a drive too, get away from the city lights a bit. I don't have a great lens for getting a tight photo, but the moon is looking close these days... I haven't checked how close its orbit is right now, but it was big and beautiful last night. Just hoping the skies stay clear! On Saturday it clouded up minutes after I watched the ISS go by, so it's always a gamble.
14-04-2014, 01:55 PM
My cousin posted a link to the original videos on my FB. I tried watching but I couldn't do it.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Actually, I couldnt watch the whole thing either, tho I figured it wasnt going to get any more intelligent. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
14-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Quit watching after she asked "Does god use the motion of the planets to communicate with us?" Facepalm

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
14-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Same here, couldn't watch the whole thing. The bit I watched did make me laugh though.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
14-04-2014, 04:16 PM
From here we'll only catch the start of the eclipse as the Moon sets.

I saw a spectacular one a few years ago... Proper blood red Moon.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
14-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Good videos from space.com for tonight's eclipse

http://www.space.com/25479-total-lunar-e...pid=557329

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-04-2014, 04:32 PM
So basically he thinks its a coincidence that these eclipses are happening at Jewish festivals...Facepalm

The Hebrew Calendar is lunisolar, that is, based around the motion of the Moon and the apparent motion of the Sun. Jewish festivals are deliberately timed to begin on the night of a Full Moon...

Lunar eclipses only occur at Full Moon... Sooner or later you're going to have a Jewish festival coinciding with an eclipse, and occasionally 4 in a row.

These coincidences could have been predicted by ancient astronomers thousands of years ago.

These people talk as if these events just happen out of the blue, and that four in a row must mean something. No, its just where the Moon is in its orbit.

I thought we as a species had got past worrying about signs in the sky.

Besides, aren't Christians supposed to believe astrology is Satanic...? Terms like "Blood Moon" and "Tetrad" are astrological terms.

Idiots. Drinking Beverage

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post