Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian
At least I learned something from this dude.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-04-2014, 10:26 PM
I've been looking forward to this for a while...

Its completely overcast all night and its going to snow. Yeah, snow in mid April.

Dodgy
14-04-2014, 10:55 PM
(14-04-2014 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At least I learned something from this dude.

I was all thinking how this is gonna be a total lunar eclipse of my heart, and then that bit about the lemon... Shocking
15-04-2014, 01:09 AM
It's happening right now! Kinda spooky and oh so cool!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-04-2014, 01:20 AM
(15-04-2014 01:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  It's happening right now! Kinda spooky and oh so cool!

Jealous! Was supposed to be clear, but the thickest clouds rolled in about an hour ago. So peeved. Sad

Watching it live stream though, still cool to know it is happening right now. I feel the red warm glow in my soul. Big Grin

http://live.slooh.com/
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
15-04-2014, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 01:31 AM by Full Circle.)
We just came back in, we could see it perfectly from our dock. I don't recall seeing a full lunar eclipse before. Surreal.

*LJ good link, we were using binoculars, wish we had a telescope

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Did you check Mars out?

Very cool, good for you guys! Thumbsup
15-04-2014, 01:33 AM
(15-04-2014 01:29 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Did you check Mars out?

Yup, Uranus too. Using Skymap app to identify. The tiny speck of light just below the moon is Uranus, off to the right is Mars.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-04-2014, 06:47 AM
(15-04-2014 01:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 01:29 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Did you check Mars out?

Yup, Uranus too. Using Skymap app to identify. The tiny speck of light just below the moon is Uranus, off to the right is Mars.

Couldn't have been Uranus this month... It sets around the same time as the Sun.

And Uranus below a Full Moon would be washed out... Its hard to see with the naked eye even under the best conditions.

Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are the most visible right now at night.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2014, 08:18 AM
One of my very best friends sent me a text last night telling me I should sleep with something red on my tummy, to protect the baby due to the blood moon..

(She says its part of her Hispanic heritage, a myth.) Honestly thought it was kind of cool to learn.