Blood Moons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Blood Moons
So i was scrolling through Facebook and someone shared a post about the blood moons. yall first off i am VERY proud of myself.
i went to start freaking out as i normally do and then decided to just check it out.
of course the Christians had things to say like OMG its the last of the 4 blood moons get ready to hear the trumpets *praise Jesus*
when i gathered myself, it was from a year ago. now that i know it was a year ago i remember sitting outside staring at this stupid blood moon in total fear that we were all going to die, THANK YOU RELIGION.

but anyway i was wondering if anyone could tell me why the blood moons are so special to religion? i dont know if its just Christians or other religions really.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2016, 09:31 AM
RE: Blood Moons
The gravitational pull of the guy sitting next to you on a bus has more effect on you than does the sun, the moon, or any distant planet or star ----

But, the superstitious bib-droolers would like you to believe those celestial bodies are somehow shaping your day.......

Why??

Because they're idiots....

It's just that simple..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-09-2016, 09:33 AM
(06-09-2016 09:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The gravitational pull of the guy sitting next to you on a bus has more effect on you than does the sun, the moon, or any distant planet or star ----

But, the superstitious bib-droolers would like you to believe those celestial bodies are somehow shaping your day.......

Why??

Because they're idiots....

It's just that simple..
because.. they are idiots.
why didnt i think of that..
06-09-2016, 09:37 AM
I"m sure you did.

The point is -- with morons like that - there's no point arguing with them. They'll take a nonsensical stance based on absolutely no facts - and stick to it regardless of whatever facts you bring to the table.

It's like mud wrestling with a pig.

After a while, you realize the pig's enjoying it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-09-2016, 10:09 AM
There are a couple of apocalyptic biblical prophecies [sic] foretelling that the moon will turn to blood at the endtimes.

Joel 2:30-31 —"And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come".

Revelation 6:12 —"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood".

We know the effect as a lunar eclipse.

Sleepy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-09-2016, 10:18 AM
(06-09-2016 10:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There are a couple of apocalyptic biblical prophecies [sic] foretelling that the moon will turn to blood at the endtimes.

Joel 2:30-31 —"And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come".

Revelation 6:12 —"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood".

We know the effect as a lunar eclipse.

Sleepy

Yeah I know the verses I'm just curious why they used these as a sign?
06-09-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 10:59 AM by Deesse23.)
(06-09-2016 09:25 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So i was scrolling through Facebook and someone shared a post about the blood moons. yall first off i am VERY proud of myself.
i went to start freaking out as i normally do and then decided to just check it out.
of course the Christians had things to say like OMG its the last of the 4 blood moons get ready to hear the trumpets *praise Jesus*
when i gathered myself, it was from a year ago. now that i know it was a year ago i remember sitting outside staring at this stupid blood moon in total fear that we were all going to die, THANK YOU RELIGION.

but anyway i was wondering if anyone could tell me why the blood moons are so special to religion? i dont know if its just Christians or other religions really.

Blood moons are rare and unpredictable (if your arent a member of a culture with kickass astromony skills) events that look impressive and can be seen by everyone. They are in the sky and if your deity(s) are sky deities its "common sense" to attribute this event to them.

So they are perfect if you need to control the *plebs* if you (the priest or king or whoever) arent superstitious yourself.

see: Comets

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-09-2016, 10:44 AM
I swear, I am just perpetually confused on TTA. I thought the moon was made of CHEESE, and now I find out it's blood. How in the world do you guys keep all this stuff straight?

The Cheese Moon was important because of the coming of the omniscient Pi Do, as foretold by the Great and Powerful Tom A. Toesoss, who was the originator of the Theory of Pi. The theory of Pi states that we are all just Peppy Roni's floating randomly in the Universe, also known as the Eternal Pi Ove-in.

One day will come the Great Construction, when all will be united.

But if the Moon is NOT cheese, my belief system is in tatters. What will I do?

SadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Just FYI, Jewel...that makes just as much sense as what you've been told. Silly, eh?
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 10:50 AM
(06-09-2016 10:44 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I swear, I am just perpetually confused on TTA. I thought the moon was made of CHEESE, and now I find out it's blood. How in the world do you guys keep all this stuff straight?

The Scots have blood pudding and the Kilngons have blood wine so maybe it is blood cheese...

[Image: blood_cheese_by_rongs1234-d2ygsmj.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post