Blood Moons + Prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Blood Moons + Prophecy
Hello fellow forum denizens, I was wondering if anybody has been coming across this stuff on the loon Christian websites: apparently, in 2014-2015 there will be a tetrad, a sequence of lunar eclipses at six month intervals(that may not be a totally accurate description). These will also be red moons and fall on Passover & Tabernacle. One of the things that has the kooks in a stir is the last couple of tetrads happened when Israel became a state and at the end of the 6 day war. Also, there where no tetrads in the previous centuries until know. I'm at a loss as to what to say to all this. I feel angry with myself because I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I guess one possible critique is that the Jewish calender is lunasolar and it would be odd if by sheer probability some Jewish holidays would fall on such astronomical events. And my history of the foundation of the state of Israel is poor but I'm might be right in proposing that it's no coincidence that the founders chose to do it close to a Jewish holiday. Your thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Blood Moons + Prophecy
My thoughts? From the moon, loony. Angel

The earth wobbles, the moon reflects the sun, therefore, god. Obviously. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Is this a real concern for you? Because I will tell you, once you get into those who get into blood moons, and moon tetrads, and all this sort of nonsense, you are now going very much beyond the pale. These are loons, looking for "signs" of the end of the world. If you really are concerned about this stuff, respond that you really are, before I waste my time debunking this bullshit. Because if you aren't really concerned about it, it's a very long waste of time to go in to.

30-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Ignorance and fear.

An astrologer called Richard Nolle in the 1980s believed he'd discovered what he termed the "Super Moon", a point where the full Moon occurs at perigee producing a noticeably brighter and bigger Moon... He though this was the first and only time this would occur and would herald the end of the world, until astronomers informed him that the effect had bee understood for centuries and was neither unique nor rare.

This is the same kind of thing... Despite everything astronomy and space exploration has discovered, people still seem to regard the Moon with suspicion.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
30-11-2013, 11:19 AM
(29-11-2013 10:56 PM)THEDEATHBERRY22 Wrote:  Hello fellow forum denizens, I was wondering if anybody has been coming across this stuff on the loon Christian websites: apparently, in 2014-2015 there will be a tetrad, a sequence of lunar eclipses at six month intervals(that may not be a totally accurate description). These will also be red moons and fall on Passover & Tabernacle. One of the things that has the kooks in a stir is the last couple of tetrads happened when Israel became a state and at the end of the 6 day war. Also, there where no tetrads in the previous centuries until know. I'm at a loss as to what to say to all this. I feel angry with myself because I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I guess one possible critique is that the Jewish calender is lunasolar and it would be odd if by sheer probability some Jewish holidays would fall on such astronomical events. And my history of the foundation of the state of Israel is poor but I'm might be right in proposing that it's no coincidence that the founders chose to do it close to a Jewish holiday. Your thoughts?

While it is true that there will be four total lunar eclipses in 2014/2015, they are not at six-month intervals. There will also be some partial and annular eclipses as well.

But, so what? Do you actually believe in signs and portents? Who is sending or creating them?

Have you got enough tin foil for a hat?

And what the fuck is a 'blood moon'? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-11-2013, 11:27 AM
(30-11-2013 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  And what the fuck is a 'blood moon'? Consider

That's when you can make new vampires, silly. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
30-11-2013, 11:28 AM
(30-11-2013 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 10:56 PM)THEDEATHBERRY22 Wrote:  Hello fellow forum denizens, I was wondering if anybody has been coming across this stuff on the loon Christian websites: apparently, in 2014-2015 there will be a tetrad, a sequence of lunar eclipses at six month intervals(that may not be a totally accurate description). These will also be red moons and fall on Passover & Tabernacle. One of the things that has the kooks in a stir is the last couple of tetrads happened when Israel became a state and at the end of the 6 day war. Also, there where no tetrads in the previous centuries until know. I'm at a loss as to what to say to all this. I feel angry with myself because I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I guess one possible critique is that the Jewish calender is lunasolar and it would be odd if by sheer probability some Jewish holidays would fall on such astronomical events. And my history of the foundation of the state of Israel is poor but I'm might be right in proposing that it's no coincidence that the founders chose to do it close to a Jewish holiday. Your thoughts?

While it is true that there will be four total lunar eclipses in 2014/2015, they are not at six-month intervals. There will also be some partial and annular eclipses as well.

But, so what? Do you actually believe in signs and portents? Who is sending or creating them?

Have you got enough tin foil for a hat?

And what the fuck is a 'blood moon'? Consider

I believe it was an expansion for Morrowind...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
30-11-2013, 11:37 AM
A little fact check goes a long way.

Quote:How common is a tetrad of total lunar eclipses? Depending upon the century in which you live, a lunar tetrad (four consecutive total lunar eclipses, spaced at six lunar months apart from one another) may happen fairly frequently – or not at all.

For instance, in our 21st century (2001-2100), there are a total 8 tetrads, but in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, there were none at all. If we include all the centuries from the 1st century (AD 1-100) through the 21st century (2001-2100), inclusive, there are a total of 65 tetrads. The last one occurred in 2003-2004, and the next one after the 2014-2015 tetrad will happen in 2032-2033.

However, if we want to know which tetrads specifically fell on the Jewish feasts of Passover and Tabernacles, there appear to be a total of 8 in these 21 centuries:

1. 162-163 C.E. (Common Era)
2. 795-796 C.E.
3. 842-843 C.E.
4. 860-861 C.E.
5. 1493-1494 C.E.
6. 1949-1950 C.E.
7. 1967-1968 C.E.
8. 2014-2015 C.E.

The religious loons are just doing what religious loons do: cherry picking events, assigning significance to natural events, and making shit up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2014, 05:10 AM
I was wondering about the blood moons too. I found this site debunking them: http://bibleprophecytalk.com/bpt-blood-m...-and-more/
I think that this debunking of the blood moon hypothesis has been produced by another Christian who has equally looney ideas, so I am bit reluctant to give publicity to him. However, as the saying goes: Use a thief to catch a thief!
It's some time since you posted originally, so I expect that to have already found the answer you were looking for but, if not, I hope you find this useful.