Blood Moons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Blood Moons
(06-09-2016 11:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Be nice, Banjo. Not everyone's a tough-as-nails Aussie who's Seen Some Shit™ and laughed about it. Tongue

Seriously, try to imagine growing up in the Deep South-est part of the Deep South, in a fundamentalist church in Georgia. They deliberately terrify little children in order to get them to obey the buy-bull stories.

It's designed from the outset to break the will and subvert the rationality process. The scars that this indoctrination leaves can be very tough on people with kind hearts and vivid imaginations.

I am unable to relate to that life.
Plus it is late here. One can imagine my state. JA don't be offended.

I was once circled by a white pointer. That will quickly show one does not have dominion over life on this planet. Had I not seen it, I'd have been breakfast.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-09-2016, 11:42 AM
(06-09-2016 11:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  One google search reveals this fact.

JA. Grow up!

I agree 100%, Banj. But we are coming from a place of self confidence and strength, or at the very least we are coming from a severe case of "Don't-give-a-fuck".

Jewel is coming from a lifetime of- in my opinion- abuse. Brainwashing and fear mongering. She'll get her sea legs, and get past this crap, she just needs some help getting her balance for awhile.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 11:52 AM
(06-09-2016 11:36 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I've often thought that this period made the masses accustomed to giving large amounts of money to the church, which made the priests see that they could wield extraordinary power and influence by tapping into that and expanding upon it- and thus the TV evangelist is born. (eventually, of course)
I think this is where the tide of religion turned, from a predominantly fear-based form of self protection, led, by and large, by believers, to a political force that used it's power and influence to steer the people in whatever direction it found most profitable, while God slowly died off in the upper echelons of the church, replaced by Greed.

No coincidence, I'm sure, that this is about the time the Catholic Church declared that priests must be celibate, in order to preserve the wealth of property within the church. (We can't have the priests leaving it to their kiddos, now, can we?)

"In the early 11th century Pope Benedict VIII responded to the decline in priestly morality by issuing a rule prohibiting the children of priests from inheriting property. A few decades later Pope Gregory VII issued a decree against clerical marriages."

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/696

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Quote:No coincidence, I'm sure, that this is about the time the Catholic Church declared that priests must be celibate, in order to preserve the wealth of property within the church. (We can't have the priests leaving it to their kiddos, now, can we?)

"In the early 11th century Pope Benedict VIII responded to the decline in priestly morality by issuing a rule prohibiting the children of priests from inheriting property. A few decades later Pope Gregory VII issued a decree against clerical marriages."

Of course it was a coincidence, you crazy conspiracy theorist bastard! How dare you insult the church by making accusations based on facts and the observations of many intelligent individuals!? Trust in the Lord my son, and put these insane thoughts to bed. By the way, how much money do you make?Consider
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 12:10 PM
(06-09-2016 11:20 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 11:14 AM)unfogged Wrote:  But it goes such a long whey towards explaining it...

Are we seriously doing the cheese puns again? What's wrong with this forum? Tongue

Too many theists?
Angel

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm still laughing at my own use of "seen some shit" because of a comic strip I saw once:

[Image: DjkijuW.jpg?1]

I don't know why, but this never fails to crack me up.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 12:29 PM
(06-09-2016 12:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 11:20 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Are we seriously doing the cheese puns again? What's wrong with this forum? Tongue

Too many theists?
Angel

Just give up your belief in Jesus, Unfogged! You'll feel so much better!
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM
(06-09-2016 12:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 12:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Too many theists?
Angel

Just give up your belief in Jesus, Unfogged! You'll feel so much better!

Give up your foolish belief in g-----------------------------------------b.

It does NOT exist.

If it does, prove it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-09-2016, 12:40 PM
(06-09-2016 12:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 12:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Just give up your belief in Jesus, Unfogged! You'll feel so much better!

Give up your foolish belief in g-----------------------------------------b.

It does NOT exist.

If it does, prove it.

Why do you think I should prove it? What would doing that gain me?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
06-09-2016, 01:15 PM
(06-09-2016 11:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 11:36 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I've often thought that this period made the masses accustomed to giving large amounts of money to the church, which made the priests see that they could wield extraordinary power and influence by tapping into that and expanding upon it- and thus the TV evangelist is born. (eventually, of course)
I think this is where the tide of religion turned, from a predominantly fear-based form of self protection, led, by and large, by believers, to a political force that used it's power and influence to steer the people in whatever direction it found most profitable, while God slowly died off in the upper echelons of the church, replaced by Greed.

No coincidence, I'm sure, that this is about the time the Catholic Church declared that priests must be celibate, in order to preserve the wealth of property within the church. (We can't have the priests leaving it to their kiddos, now, can we?)

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/696

I'm dropping bombs like this every once in awhile, as my wife is Catholic. The one about the RCC laundering money and having the Vatican raided by the Italian tax Police was priceless. Got their noses all out of joint. Here is an old story that talks about banks in England freezing RCC funds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...quiry.html
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post