Blood Moons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Blood Moons
(06-09-2016 12:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Give up your foolish belief in g-----------------------------------------b.

It does NOT exist.

If it does, prove it.

Hey now, I'm right here. I can hear you.

[Image: bear.gif]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2016, 10:29 AM
(07-09-2016 10:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 09:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Credibility? Consider

I don't care what you think of my credibility. It doesn't impact my life at all. If you don't think I'm credible, you're welcome to disagree with me. My life continues uninterrupted.

Think what you want. Maybe I'll earn your respect in another way.

Who said anything about respect?
Your belief in a god is what is not credible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 10:47 AM
(07-09-2016 10:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't care what you think of my credibility. It doesn't impact my life at all. If you don't think I'm credible, you're welcome to disagree with me. My life continues uninterrupted.

Think what you want. Maybe I'll earn your respect in another way.

Who said anything about respect?
Your belief in a god is what is not credible.

Oh. Gotcha.
07-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Chas, man, you crack me up sometimes. Laugh out load

Every so often, you make me think of Clint Eastwood:

[Image: bc53f192d0f9fe59296785611a23305915c79d54...ecbe4e.jpg]

Leave the nice theist alone. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-09-2016, 01:17 PM
(07-09-2016 01:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Chas, man, you crack me up sometimes. Laugh out load

Every so often, you make me think of Clint Eastwood:

[Image: bc53f192d0f9fe59296785611a23305915c79d54...ecbe4e.jpg]

Leave the nice theist alone. Tongue

I'm not even on their lawn. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
07-09-2016, 01:35 PM
We use to stack fucks like you five feet high in Korea and use you for sandbags.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2016, 01:38 PM
That *is* an amazing movie. Total surprise to me.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
07-09-2016, 06:54 PM
(07-09-2016 05:59 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 09:38 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  THAT is one of the pages i was able to read.
thats what i was trying to do to begin with.. but under the link when i went back to read more was a large picture of doom and multiple things saying things like surprise blood moon. because apparently one happened that wasnt predicted.
and if another one happens this month DOOM.
once i saw that stuff i got off of it. but the link you shared was one i did get to read before i trapped myself.

Anjele is right... but I'm going to disagree (or at least, agree differently) with one minor point. I don't think you should avoid the stuff that triggers you, unless it starts to feel overwhelming.

What I think will help you is to look for patterns in the way these various groups try to manipulate their victims. In other words, this other group's ideas are totally incompatible with the Christian theological claims... and yet, look, they use the exact same methods, make the exact same predictions, and have the exact same goals in mind (keeping people from thinking rationally in order to propagate their cults). The pattern even extends to TV commercials, which take advantage of the same brain circuits for urgency: "BUY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" or "LIMITED TIME ONLY!" translates to "don't think too much about whether or not this is a real bargain, or whether our competitors might offer better/cheaper products, or whether you even need this product... just feel an urgency and BUY NOW!!!"

Get it?

Once you see the pattern, it is no longer frightening:

Jesus Cult: "The Blood Moon signals the End of Times, when the Four Horsemen will ride upon the earth and Jesus will return!!!!"

Raelian Cult: "The Blood Moon signals the End of Times, when the Great Comet will come masking the alien starship, and we will all be taken to the skies!!!!"

Et cetera.

In other words, the similarities of these claims are not evidence that there's anything legitimate to any of them, but rather that the claims are all taking advantage of the same tricks to turn bullshit into something that sounds plausible, and/or that bypasses your reasoning center by making you feel a sense of fear and urgency.

It's scumbaggery at its finest. Religious indoctrination broke down your intellectual immune system to such attacks... we'll inoculate you against further ones, like a pro-skepticism vaccine. Smile

Then, once you learn to spot the pattern, you can simply look at what the actual scientific facts are, as Anjele suggested, and your fear turns to laughter. Because, when you're no longer gripped by the influence of this bullshit, it's pretty funny stuff, in hindsight.

The thing with looking at stuff that upsets me.. I honestly can't make myself get around it. Once a few months ago I tried finding humor and whatnot in these things and it got the best of me. I put the emperors new groove on and watched it till I fell asleep.. Even after I woke up in the middle of the night and turned it back on. I just don't know if I'll be ready to face my fears.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
07-09-2016, 07:10 PM
(07-09-2016 06:54 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 05:59 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Anjele is right... but I'm going to disagree (or at least, agree differently) with one minor point. I don't think you should avoid the stuff that triggers you, unless it starts to feel overwhelming.

What I think will help you is to look for patterns in the way these various groups try to manipulate their victims. In other words, this other group's ideas are totally incompatible with the Christian theological claims... and yet, look, they use the exact same methods, make the exact same predictions, and have the exact same goals in mind (keeping people from thinking rationally in order to propagate their cults). The pattern even extends to TV commercials, which take advantage of the same brain circuits for urgency: "BUY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" or "LIMITED TIME ONLY!" translates to "don't think too much about whether or not this is a real bargain, or whether our competitors might offer better/cheaper products, or whether you even need this product... just feel an urgency and BUY NOW!!!"

Get it?

Once you see the pattern, it is no longer frightening:

Jesus Cult: "The Blood Moon signals the End of Times, when the Four Horsemen will ride upon the earth and Jesus will return!!!!"

Raelian Cult: "The Blood Moon signals the End of Times, when the Great Comet will come masking the alien starship, and we will all be taken to the skies!!!!"

Et cetera.

In other words, the similarities of these claims are not evidence that there's anything legitimate to any of them, but rather that the claims are all taking advantage of the same tricks to turn bullshit into something that sounds plausible, and/or that bypasses your reasoning center by making you feel a sense of fear and urgency.

It's scumbaggery at its finest. Religious indoctrination broke down your intellectual immune system to such attacks... we'll inoculate you against further ones, like a pro-skepticism vaccine. Smile

Then, once you learn to spot the pattern, you can simply look at what the actual scientific facts are, as Anjele suggested, and your fear turns to laughter. Because, when you're no longer gripped by the influence of this bullshit, it's pretty funny stuff, in hindsight.

The thing with looking at stuff that upsets me.. I honestly can't make myself get around it. Once a few months ago I tried finding humor and whatnot in these things and it got the best of me. I put the emperors new groove on and watched it till I fell asleep.. Even after I woke up in the middle of the night and turned it back on. I just don't know if I'll be ready to face my fears.

I can fully relate to the fear factor. I tried Christianity on for size once because some Christians in my life scared the shit out of me. (What a waste of my time that was!)

When you hear these scary things, you have to convince yourself that 1) people who are dumber than you are are the ones perpetuating this information. 2) They look at information with tunnel vision and they have not examined the facts. 3) There ARE facts that they're not presenting even if they know them because they want you to believe this one particular thing.

As you start doing this more and more, you'll gain the confidence to know for sure that all of their crap can be dubunked with a little rational thinking. Every single claim any Christian has ever made to me has been dubunked. No matter how convincing they make it sound, it's all bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
07-09-2016, 07:28 PM
JA...how many end times prophecies have come true?

The answer is 'none'.

This type of prophecy is nothing new. The purveyors of fear just keep changing the when and the details.

You are letting the fear of something that has been predicted and not happened, in forever, control your life.

You are in fear of fear. It's a waste of time, energy, and emotion.

All these prophecies are interpretations by people who have something to gain by creating and perpetuating fear. Seriously, stop it. Stop researching it if it bothers you so much. If you can't stand the FB memes that pop up on your feed then don't look at it or delete the people who post that crap.

It simply can't always be the end times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post