Blood Moons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: Blood Moons
Here JA.

http://www.subgenius.com/slaq.htm

If you scroll down past the FAQ links, you'll find some of the greatest "prophecies" ever bullshi-- er, *cough cough* transmitted directly into the brainpans of chosen con-arti-- er, *cough* "special guys".

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Quote:Can you imagine if these wacked-out people put this creativity into inventing stuff or finding solutions to geopolitical/sociological problems, instead of figuring out ways to read The End Is Near is sheep entrails, so to speak? Sheesh!

I tried to read sheep entrails once...but I just didn't have the guts.

Bazinga!
[+] 5 users Like The Dark One's post
08-09-2016, 08:27 AM
(07-09-2016 01:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Chas, man, you crack me up sometimes. Laugh out load

Every so often, you make me think of Clint Eastwood:

[Image: bc53f192d0f9fe59296785611a23305915c79d54...ecbe4e.jpg]

Leave the nice theist alone. Tongue

She served up a slow pitch, I hit it. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-09-2016, 09:45 AM
(07-09-2016 10:32 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I have stumbled upon more prophecy...

My Facebook news section had a link about WWI shells found in the Sea of Galilee.. But apparently the drought and receding waters is more than just a chance to find gun shells. It's a sign of the messiah coming...

I'm sorry, but one doesn't "stumble upon" an alleged prophecy. You must be—even subconsciously or unwittingly—still keeping an eye out for them as you trawl the web.

There's no such thing as a prophecy of course, and which fact you're starting to understand—well done! But it seems that you're still somewhat influenced in your thinking by the possibility of so-called prophecies having at least some legitimacy.

The substance [sic] of many prophecies are predicated around characteristic phenomena in nature: eclipses, comets, thunder and lightning, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms, sunspots, meteor showers etc. There is no evidence of even one single prophecy ever coming true in more than 2,000 years of recorded history.

And no biblical prophecy has ever come to pass either. Check out RationalWiki's site for Biblical Prophecies HERE for proofs of this.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-09-2016, 10:30 AM
(08-09-2016 09:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:32 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I have stumbled upon more prophecy...

My Facebook news section had a link about WWI shells found in the Sea of Galilee.. But apparently the drought and receding waters is more than just a chance to find gun shells. It's a sign of the messiah coming...

I'm sorry, but one doesn't "stumble upon" an alleged prophecy. You must be—even subconsciously or unwittingly—still keeping an eye out for them as you trawl the web.

There's no such thing as a prophecy of course, and which fact you're starting to understand—well done! But it seems that you're still somewhat influenced in your thinking by the possibility of so-called prophecies having at least some legitimacy.

The substance [sic] of many prophecies are predicated around characteristic phenomena in nature: eclipses, comets, thunder and lightning, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms, sunspots, meteor showers etc. There is no evidence of even one single prophecy ever coming true in more than 2,000 years of recorded history.

And no biblical prophecy has ever come to pass either. Check out RationalWiki's site for Biblical Prophecies HERE for proofs of this.

when i say stumbled, its because i clicked the link about the WWI shells on facebook in the news feed and it shows everything related to it, like all articles. last night there were just a few and some were legit about the shells the others were talking about the coming of the messiah. i didnt read the ones about the messiah i just kept going.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
08-09-2016, 10:35 AM
i do appreciate all of the links. they are very helpful. i was searching for some of my own last night. this is what ive started to do when i do get scared.. this and look at memes on pinterest related to atheists
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
08-09-2016, 01:38 PM
@RocketSurgeon

I don't have my books with me but if I recall correctly christians were persecuted on more occasions, i.e. sending bapists to GULag (Solzhenitsyn, GULag Archipelago).

As for 1922 it was year of hunger if I recall correctly. Churches were supposed to donate their valuables to save lives. There is info about it in Orlando Figes "A People's Tragedy".

About thirties it was decade of persecution. In addition to Great Terror it were years of national purges. Stalin was getting rid of Poles, Germans and other people he deemed disloyal. More can be found in Timothy Snyder "Bloodlands".

About Soviets and religion it was more about rivalry than pity I would say. Soviet faith promised earthly paradise and fought "heathen beliefs" with zealotry befiting new confession. More could be found in Raymon Aron "The Opium of the Intelectuals" and yet untranslated Rafał Imos "The Faith of the Soviet Man".

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-09-2016, 04:53 PM
(08-09-2016 01:38 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @RocketSurgeon

I don't have my books with me but if I recall correctly christians were persecuted on more occasions, i.e. sending bapists to GULag (Solzhenitsyn, GULag Archipelago).

As for 1922 it was year of hunger if I recall correctly. Churches were supposed to donate their valuables to save lives. There is info about it in Orlando Figes "A People's Tragedy".

About thirties it was decade of persecution. In addition to Great Terror it were years of national purges. Stalin was getting rid of Poles, Germans and other people he deemed disloyal. More can be found in Timothy Snyder "Bloodlands".

About Soviets and religion it was more about rivalry than pity I would say. Soviet faith promised earthly paradise and fought "heathen beliefs" with zealotry befiting new confession. More could be found in Raymon Aron "The Opium of the Intelectuals" and yet untranslated Rafał Imos "The Faith of the Soviet Man".

All true, and all things I believe I mentioned. However, I maintain that it was not for Christianity, per se, but for anything that was in opposition to the state and its goal of creating a nice, communist paradise.

The irony is that if they were really Christians, and did the things Jesus said to do, they'd have been better communists than the Leninist thugs.

Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property. - Matthew 19:21-22

In other words, no matter how anti-religion the commies were (similarly, American politicians routinely feel free to smear atheists, if you'll note), I don't think the persecutions were for their Christianity... or rather, not for their faith in Jesus, but because they were a bit like the young man in the parable, and wouldn't let go of their stuff to attain paradise. This is an attitude that made people enemies of a true Worker's Paradise, and they were sent off to gulags, etc. Most of the deaths were due to neglect, rather than firing squad, which was reserved mainly for leaders of the Christian (and any other) communities who openly opposed the communist party and its goals.

It was not a happy time to be Russian, most definitely... but I doubt anyone was told "renounce Jesus or be shot!". Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-09-2016, 09:06 PM
@RocketSurgeon

I agree.

Don't know much about situation in USSR after Stalin death but in Poland church being persecuted is more a myth than reality after 1956.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.