Blood sacrifice: a biblical activity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 07:42 PM by ricepudding12.)
Blood sacrifice: a biblical activity
I have always found it fascinating with the obsession with blood sacrifices in the bible. So many lives given to god for blessings and yet Alex Jones and his ilk make a ton of documentaries about secret lizard cults sacrificing babies for more political power. So far I have found that christians/hebrews have sacrificed animals, children, their enemies, their foreskins and yes even their god.

Anyone else find this funny?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Blood sacrifice: a biblical activity
I find it ironic that Christians talk so much about sacrifice without understanding what the word really means. From Abraham and Isaac to Jesus writhing on the cross it's all blood sacrifice. The only difference between the Christians and the druids with their sickles was the robes, and often not even that.

Of course now days we are so much more civilized and sacrifice means giving up chocolate for Lent.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
11-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Because blood is MAGIC!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-08-2016, 08:41 AM
(11-08-2016 07:02 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I have always found it fascinating with the obsession with blood sacrifices in the bible. So many lives given to god for blessings and yet Alex Jones and his ilk make a ton of documentaries about secret lizard cults sacrificing babies for more political power. So far I have found that christians/hebrews have sacrificed animals, children, their enemies, their foreskins and yes even their god.

Anyone else find this funny?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not so much as funny, but fascinating, to understand the connection to blood sacrifice and how it relates to religion and the earliest concepts of gods, you have to go back to the end of the last ice age. Gobekli Tepe is the oldest temple site we know of, some of the archeologists that have done work on this site believe this time period is where humans first started to realize that they were different from mere animals and that we were superior in some ways.

This is where the concept of us being superior and special from other animals began to form, animal sacrifice would have been a natural extension to ritualizing an act that demonstrates the concept that we were superior to animals.

This concept was almost universal to ancient people, but it was a concept that formed the beginnings of all religions. Predating the Egyptian and Sumerian cultures by almost 7000 years, long before the Egyptian Amun or Sumerian Enlil, these deities with no name were worshiped and sacrificed to, animals and humans were likely killed in their name.

Whenever gods are involved, the ritualized act of domination, the sacrifice, will be used to appease the god's need for submission.

The sacrifice is a way to demonstrate that you have the power over life and death of the thing that is sacrificed, there is no more complete domination than that.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition