Bloodborne GoTY EU on US servers???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Bloodborne GoTY EU on US servers???
Well, I'm a little miffed.

It was originally reported that Bloodborne Game of The Year Edition would be releasing in the US at the end of November. Turns out that Sony says, "Uhh, no that is just for the EU (or whatever, I don't know the regions, I just know it isn't US). US you get downloads only". I'm adamantly against digital copies of console games for my game collection (please don't start a Steam debate here, I use Steam, but I use that for discounts and PC titles that I don't want to play on console.), so I guess my only option if I want this retail disc version is to import it. And that's fine....BUT two problems.

1. I've never imported a game before. It looks like PS4 is region free, so it should work fine. Can anybody confirm?

2. FromSoft games (Souls games) have a very strong online component to gameplay. I don't want to be blocked from US servers because I bought a non-US version of the game. Does anybody know if this is something I have to worry about?

*sigh* Damnit why you not give me a physical version Sony? :'(

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Bloodborne GoTY EU on US servers???
I think it will probably be fine. I'm likely going to do it. A little scared though!

19-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Eff, but I don't know if it is confirmed if the game will all be on disc, or if it will have a DLC voucher (which would defeat the whole point) Arghhh!

11-12-2015, 01:11 AM
So I ordered the GoTY edition of Bloodborne from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived today. Popped it in my PS4 and it loaded up and logged into "online" mode with no issue! The entire game is on disc, no vouchers!

Unfortunately work is crazy, and this is probably a 60 hour week. So I can't touch it until tomorrow night at the soonest.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post