Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/tenn-cou...-marriage/

Quote: Monday, the Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God to spare their region from “His coming wrath” because the “lawless judiciary” of the U.S. is forcing them recognize same-sex marriages.

The proposal has been put forth by Commissioner Karen Miller and is listed on the docket as “Resolution condemning judicial tyranny and petitioning God’s mercy. (Resolution 15-10-006)”

The resolution begins: “Whereas, the Governor, Attorney General, and ALL WE Blount County Legislators have sworn an oath consistent with the moral Law of God (“So Help Me God”) to uphold the Constitution of Tennessee and the Constitution of the United States; and Whereas, the fulfillment of this oath, in the American tradition, may not be read to contradict the written Constitution, Justice, Reason and higher Natural Law…” before turning to Commissioner Miller’s grievances.

“Federal judges have once again usurped powers not delegated to them, and have violated Reason, the Rule of Law and Natural Law by purporting to strike down State laws and acts of the People recognizing and protecting Natural Marriage,” it states by way of explaining that Miller believes the Supreme Court overstepped its bounds by legalizing same-sex marriage.

Miller’s resolution calls upon “all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature,” to join the commission in saving “natural marriage,” and defending “the the Moral Standards of Tennessee.”

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-10-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......
Why can't they just put the blood of a spring lamb on their doors like normal folk.

#sigh
[+] 15 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-10-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......
How typical - cravenly trying to save themselves. How about asking all-powerful God not to be a fucking dickhead and not to destroy anyone, if you truly do believe he has that capacity? No, it's better to appease the sky-daddy-bogeyman with legal documents saying "Please God, it's not us, kill those guys down the road, but don't kill us. We worship you really and truly".

At least the moral fibre of the nation is being exposed huh? Dodgy We need more grumpy smilies Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
05-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Fucking stupid. Blatent constitutional violation.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
05-10-2015, 04:21 PM
"So help me god". Do they realise that the god in this oath is xochiquetzal, and she doesn't care if your gay.
[+] 2 users Like OceanTherapist's post
05-10-2015, 04:54 PM
"The moral standards of Tennessee"??????

Isn't that a guy fucking his sister, whilst waving a rebel flag and drinking corn liquor????

(we might need to update the "drinking corn liquor" part to "cooking meth".....)

fucktards...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-10-2015, 06:48 PM
These are the assholes in charge?

Wow. Just... wow.
06-10-2015, 01:30 AM
It's not even stupid it's just pathetic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-10-2015, 01:46 AM
(05-10-2015 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why can't they just put the blood of a spring lamb on their doors like normal folk.

They need to do some sacrifices. I have proof that if you steal your neighbors cattle, or goats, and sacrifice them, your town will be spared. I keep records. I do this, and my town has been spared. God like to see smoke and fire. What ? Don't they read their Bibles ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-10-2015, 01:50 AM
(06-10-2015 01:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why can't they just put the blood of a spring lamb on their doors like normal folk.

They need to do some sacrifices. I have proof that if you steal your neighbors cattle, or goats, and sacrifice them, your town will be spared. I keep records. I do this, and my town has been spared. God like to see smoke and fire. What ? Don't they read their Bibles ?

Do they read their Bibles? Fuck no. Just look at the rash of apocalypse 'preppers' that have been catching on. What do they buy? Camping supplies, 10 gallon buckets of grain, and non-perishable canned goods. None of them are investing in helmeted locust spray or dragon lances! Read your damn Book of Revelations people! Angry

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post