Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 07:14 AM
RE: Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......
(05-10-2015 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/tenn-cou...-marriage/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Image: 4b3.jpg]

I know schadenfreude isn't endearing, but damn, this is funny.

article Wrote:“lawless judiciary”
article Wrote:“Resolution condemning judicial tyranny”

Wait. Which was it? Are the judges lawless or tyrannical? I don't think these guys understand what these words mean. Lawless and tyrannical aren't both synonyms for "mean, poopie-heads". One means not following laws and the other means imposing super-harsh laws.

Tards.

article Wrote:“...and petitioning God’s mercy.”

Which god are they petitioning? Is it all the ones that condemn homosexuality? Couldn't they enlist the help of the gods that don't care to protect them?

...or is this one of those weird, first-amendment-violating dealies where they think it's okay for the state to promote one religion above the others?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God .......
(05-10-2015 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/tenn-cou...-marriage/

Quote: Monday, the Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God to spare their region from “His coming wrath” because the “lawless judiciary” of the U.S. is forcing them recognize same-sex marriages.

The proposal has been put forth by Commissioner Karen Miller and is listed on the docket as “Resolution condemning judicial tyranny and petitioning God’s mercy. (Resolution 15-10-006)”

The resolution begins: “Whereas, the Governor, Attorney General, and ALL WE Blount County Legislators have sworn an oath consistent with the moral Law of God (“So Help Me God”) to uphold the Constitution of Tennessee and the Constitution of the United States; and Whereas, the fulfillment of this oath, in the American tradition, may not be read to contradict the written Constitution, Justice, Reason and higher Natural Law…” before turning to Commissioner Miller’s grievances.

“Federal judges have once again usurped powers not delegated to them, and have violated Reason, the Rule of Law and Natural Law by purporting to strike down State laws and acts of the People recognizing and protecting Natural Marriage,” it states by way of explaining that Miller believes the Supreme Court overstepped its bounds by legalizing same-sex marriage.

Miller’s resolution calls upon “all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature,” to join the commission in saving “natural marriage,” and defending “the the Moral Standards of Tennessee.”

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

Greeeat and I am buying a home this week in Tennessee...... FacepalmWeeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
07-10-2015, 08:06 AM
(07-10-2015 08:01 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Greeeat and I am buying a home this week in Tennessee...... FacepalmWeeping

Yikes!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Don't we got some MA militia around here up for some adventurism?

[Image: aJG8cny.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-10-2015, 09:42 AM
(07-10-2015 08:01 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Greeeat and I am buying a home this week in Tennessee...... FacepalmWeeping

At least God won't fuck up your house. You might consider turning around and selling it at a profit, now that the property value likely increased.
07-10-2015, 09:45 AM
(07-10-2015 09:42 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 08:01 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Greeeat and I am buying a home this week in Tennessee...... FacepalmWeeping

At least God won't fuck up your house. You might consider turning around and selling it at a profit, now that the property value likely increased.

4100 sq ft, brand new, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, tornado proof room, 3 stories, 3 car garage...just gorgeous....only $269k USD lol....unfreaking real. Valued at $355k...problem is no one here can afford it, either it is above their means, or way below. People here live in under $200k houses, or million dollar houses...not much in the middle moves fast....I got a steal. Big Grin

That is what I paid for my last townhouse in Va....and lost 20k when I sold it 5 years later. location location location

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post