Blows my mind how gullible peeps are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Blows my mind how gullible peeps are
It's up there with one of the "big" questions. Why are we here? Is there life elsewhere? And then there's...why would someone buy into religion? And why so many people!? In all seriousness, it blows my frickin' mind.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
25-01-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Blows my mind how gullible peeps are
Victims of a meme.

Confused

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-01-2015, 08:37 AM
The answer is simple.

42 of course....

It's the question that's problematic..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-01-2015, 09:08 AM
I got a little story about gullibility.
Just yesterday a coworker asked me if I'm aware of Chris Angel. I told him I was. He then said that in his relugion they believe that people like Angel are using dark powers. That those powers come from gins. Is that how that's spelled? I told him it was all smoke and mirrors and misdirection and all that jazz. He would not believe me.
I've never thought too badly against those who believe in god. I suppose they have their reasons. I can't say one way or the other if god is real and it's mostly just an fascinating subject to me so I don't really care. But if you think Chris Angel can actually walk on water you're an gucking idiot..
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
25-01-2015, 09:29 AM
(25-01-2015 09:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  That those powers come from gins. Is that how that's spelled?

I thought this was an arabic word for demon, so "spelling" in latin text is moot. However, I've usually seen it written "Jinn".

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
25-01-2015, 09:31 AM
(25-01-2015 09:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I got a little story about gullibility.
Just yesterday a coworker asked me if I'm aware of Chris Angel. I told him I was. He then said that in his relugion they believe that people like Angel are using dark powers. That those powers come from gins. Is that how that's spelled? I told him it was all smoke and mirrors and misdirection and all that jazz. He would not believe me.
I've never thought too badly against those who believe in god. I suppose they have their reasons. I can't say one way or the other if god is real and it's mostly just an fascinating subject to me so I don't really care. But if you think Chris Angel can actually walk on water you're an gucking idiot..

What part of "stage magician and illusionist" is not clear to him? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Cultural evolution. Until recently, societies composed predominantly of believers had a significant survival advantage.

'Murican Canadian
25-01-2015, 09:47 AM
(25-01-2015 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I got a little story about gullibility.

What part of "stage magician and illusionist" is not clear to him? Consider

"Stage magician" I'm assuming that he sees the word magician and thinks magic. As in supernatural.
"Illusionist" I'm assuming this word is to big for his tiny mind to comprehend...
25-01-2015, 10:11 AM
(25-01-2015 09:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Cultural evolution. Until recently, societies composed predominantly of believers had a significant survival advantage.

So it's like the negative consequence of teamwork as a survival mechanism. People will follow the leader for the benefit of their community, even when the leader is full of shit.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Chris Angel or David Blaine , I can't remember which one, does a street magic levitation act. Here's how he does it.

The Masked Magician show from about 10 years ago revealed lots of magic tricks. They're all on youtube so if you want to prove to this guy that it's just all show business trickery, have him google The Masked Magician.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post