Blows my mind how gullible peeps are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Blows my mind how gullible peeps are
People buy into it for many reasons. The first and foremost reason is because they were indoctrinated or at the very least presented with religion at a very young age.

You see, during the very first couple of years, the human brain is an extremely sensitive thing. It is so responsive to everything around it. Literally every single body movement you make, argument, slap to your wifes face if your that kind of pitiful man, word, and so on is picked up and permanently logged into the child's brain. This is precisly why the churches slogan is "get them while they are young".

The church wants that childs money when they get older and they know if they start talking to it and teaching it about the most pleasant possible parts of god they can while they are vulnerable to information, they can more easily fool the child when they are old enough to start making decisions and argue with them. I can discuss this quite more extensively if you would like but I will move on for now.

The second reason is our fear of death itself and what religion promises. It promises that we are not going to leave the party and have it continue on without us but simply hop over to another one. Like how one hops from one bar to another.

Combined with the barbaric and idiotic punishment and reward system that instills fear into us even more and you have a recipe for the perfect brainwashing.

Of course, brainwashing is not really the word I should use per se. I do not think you can unintentionally brainwash someone which is what happens to many, although most religious families and religious figures are completely aware of that fact, and simply or simply are not aware that is what they are doing.
The biggest problem is those who refuse to let any other contradictory viewpoint into their life, especially at that young age and allow it the same viability as the the other.

Once you have a parent, religious figure or community intentionally keeping other truths, viewpoints, religions or arguments against their religion away from that person and then threaten that person with torture or some other punishment that could follow them into their afterlife, robbing them of the next party they go to. You can be absolutely certain of the pitiful insecurity and sheer insanity that these people have. At that point, you can be absolutely certain despite what they may actually believe or tell you that they only care about putting future money in the churches pockets so they may buy their pastor a nicer mansion and a solid gold staff and toilet seat just like the popes.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2015, 02:11 PM
(25-01-2015 10:11 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(25-01-2015 09:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Cultural evolution. Until recently, societies composed predominantly of believers had a significant survival advantage.

So it's like the negative consequence of teamwork as a survival mechanism. People will follow the leader for the benefit of their community, even when the leader is full of shit.

A bit more complex, but essentially yes. There are many traits that are necessary for survival within the context of civilization that go against our evolved instincts. Religion based around the concept that those instincts are just the devil trying to fuck you over allowed us to thrive without having to first go through a few hundred thousand years or more of physical evolution, as cultural evolution can happen much quicker. The downside is that although we survive and even thrive, we're left in a world that just never seems to feel quite right. We're one of the few animals in the world whose survival is dependent on working against our instincts rather that submitting to them.

'Murican Canadian
25-01-2015, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2015 03:09 PM by Anjele.)
You see - it's like this. Only gawd and Jebus are allowed to do magical things. Therefore, anything that appears to be magic has to be bad.

Following that logic - any grandpa that makes a quarter 'appear' out of a fascinated grandchild's ear is practicing dark magic.

-And some people are too dense to realize that neither Jebus or Chris Angel can actually walk on water. It's an illusion when Chris Angel does it. It's delusion when a person believes Jebus did it.

Gotta love that his name is Chris Angel though. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-01-2015, 03:03 PM
If you mean people who were never indoctrinated by any stretch, I get you there. It blows my mind to. More so with Mormonism than the other three Abrahamic categories.
25-01-2015, 03:21 PM
You know, if you're clever and play your cards right, you can get gullible people to blow more than just your mind.

Just saying. Angel

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
26-01-2015, 09:04 PM
(25-01-2015 01:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You see, during the very first couple of years, the human brain is an extremely sensitive thing. It is so responsive to everything around it. Literally every single body movement you make, argument, slap to your wifes face if your that kind of pitiful man, word, and so on is picked up and permanently logged into the child's brain. This is precisly why the churches slogan is "get them while they are young".

I wonder if there's anything we're predisposed to and just don't know it

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
26-01-2015, 09:05 PM
(25-01-2015 09:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Cultural evolution. Until recently, societies composed predominantly of believers had a significant survival advantage.

Natural selection. Witches were burned at the stake

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
26-01-2015, 09:36 PM
(26-01-2015 09:05 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  

Natural selection. Witches were burned at the stake

That must be why we don't have psychic powers and magic anymore. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-01-2015, 06:20 AM
(26-01-2015 09:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 09:05 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  Natural selection. Witches were burned at the stake

That must be why we don't have psychic powers and magic anymore. Weeping

Exactly. Those abilities are advantageous in an environment without Christians and Muslims. Kind of like the black moths and pepper moths. Change the environment and watch the pepper moths die.

Smartass