Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?
(08-05-2012 09:52 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  It wasn't a total loss. I learned that I can get turned on by a giant blue woman.
It might be easier to list the things you can't be turned on by. Wink
Good point. Sadcryface

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
(08-05-2012 09:49 AM)kineo Wrote:  Pocahontas
What is the other one, Fern Gully?
Then Avatar
That's it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I thought Avatar was pretty good. Apparently a lot of other people did too.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
09-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Weltschmerz
Weltschmerz (from the German, meaning world-pain or world-weariness, pronounced [ˈvɛltʃmɛɐ̯ts]) is a term coined by the German author Jean Paul and denotes the kind of feeling experienced by someone who understands that physical reality can never satisfy the demands of the mind. This kind of world view was widespread among several romantic authors such as Lord Byron, Giacomo Leopardi, François-René de Chateaubriand, Alfred de Musset, Nikolaus Lenau, Hermann Hesse, and Heinrich Heine. It is also used to denote the feeling of sadness when thinking about the evils of the world—compare empathy, theodicy.

The modern meaning of Weltschmerz in the German language is the psychological pain caused by sadness that can occur when realizing that someone's own weaknesses are caused by the inappropriateness and cruelty of the world and (physical and social) circumstances. Weltschmerz in this meaning can cause depression, resignation and escapism, and can become a mental problem (compare to Hikikomori). The modern meaning should also be compared with the concept of anomie, or a kind of alienation, that Émile Durkheim wrote about in his sociological treatise Suicide.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Re Avatars and other attachments held as meaningful to some people. I would not recommend, even jokingly,
that they just snuff themselves out, they just might, and be thrust into eternal oblivion.......or something....
09-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I liked avatar, it's a popcorn movie, but it was fun, I did feel sad that pandora doesn't exist because the na'vi were kind of hot, but I wouldn't kill myself for that Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-05-2012, 02:13 AM
I was so in love with these tall blue alien chicks... Strange fetish, isn't it, but there is something sexy there. Plus the actress Zoe Saldana is pretty sexy as well...

Anyway... The movie was surprisingly good, I was pretty sceptical, so for you who didn't see it, watch it. As for the people who cry for this movie are retarded because they obviously never saw Dances With Wolves, now there is something to cry about and there is something you can do, see and feel in this real world. Those are just people who never pulled their head from their ass, they have no idea what is there in this world and what kind of injustice is happening today. Stupid and ignorant.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-05-2012, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 02:44 AM by Caveman.)
(08-05-2012 09:49 AM)kineo Wrote:  Pocahontas
What is the other one, Fern Gully?
Then Avatar

Edit1 - Point is: It wasn't an original story in the slightest.
Edit2 - I liked Aliens, which James Cameron directed. Didn't much like Avatar... it was good, but not as good as it was hyped to be. It was a fun action flick.

And you all forgot Dances With Wolves Wink

This is how religions are born...

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
09-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Dances with Smurfs...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
09-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Ok seriously why do people hate on the 'non original story'??

The same people then go and watch then say rinse and repeat story of every single super hero movie, or any action movie.

The story was original. I have never seen any other story where people control giant blue people, nor where man inhabits another planet for the purposes of mining.

My point is that it is more original then half the shit people watch these days.

Nobody would complain about the story if they didn't read that one critic's opinion and jump on the "lets bash the amazing hyped up movie" bandwagon.

It was a fantastic movie, good story, good action scenes, kept you watching.
But Nooooo, because it's 3D everyone goes ape shit and looks at it glass 1/10th empty..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post