Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 04:56 AM
RE: Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?
(08-05-2012 09:13 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Avatar was the single most overrated film of all time.

Graphics were good but it didn't have much else going for it.

If ya saw "Dances With Wolves", ya saw Avatar, (without the headache from input overload).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-05-2012, 05:16 AM
(09-05-2012 04:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok seriously why do people hate on the 'non original story'??

The same people then go and watch then say rinse and repeat story of every single super hero movie, or any action movie.

The story was original. I have never seen any other story where people control giant blue people, nor where man inhabits another planet for the purposes of mining.

My point is that it is more original then half the shit people watch these days.

Nobody would complain about the story if they didn't read that one critic's opinion and jump on the "lets bash the amazing hyped up movie" bandwagon.

It was a fantastic movie, good story, good action scenes, kept you watching.
But Nooooo, because it's 3D everyone goes ape shit and looks at it glass 1/10th empty..

Yeah BUT... Even Cameron said that his inspiration were Pocahontas and Dances with wolves. I nag about it because I think that a classic like Dances with wolves deserves to be know today and most people cry because the evil humans want resources and land and they are taking it away from indigenous tribes. So if you are gonna cry about that kind of injustice, why not see the real deal, that was happening on YOUR planet with real people? Plus I consider the DwW to be a much better movie than Avatar.

While I did enjoy the movie and I do think it is great, the story, the characters, the visuals, everything is great, I still think that Dances with Wolves has to be mentioned when talking about Avatar, because it is nothing more than a modern version of a classic.

Just like Hunger games, like it as much as you want, it is but a copy of Battle Royal. I mention these things, because if you liked a copy, and didn't see the original, why not mention the original so that the people can see the original idea and enjoy even better movie. I care for the young people who maybe don't know about the originals...

P.S.

I don't read critics and their comments, I read a plot summary, watch the movie, then watch South Park about the movie (if it exists) and finally I am able to make my own comments. Although, I did make a comment about the Avatar=Dancesw.w. before I actually watched the movie, but now that I have seen it, I still think exactly the same thing.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Cool

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
09-05-2012, 06:51 AM
(08-05-2012 08:11 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This news story is over 2 years old, but I never realized people were this dumb.

What are you, twelve? Big Grin

(08-05-2012 08:11 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  ...then, by all means, please do snuff yourself out.

No my Gwynnies! Which translates as, ending life is no substitute for escaping it. Tongue

Actually, I don't get them peeps either.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
09-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't dislike the movie because it was a copy. I dislike it because IMO it's not a very good movie. The main actor was just awful. The plot line was... obvious. The Navi were annoying. The link thing was kind of gross. The action was brutal and not in a good way. It just didn't jive with me.

I'm ok with other people liking it though. Good for you who enjoy this movie. Hopefully you enjoy it enough to buy it, because it cost a fuck load of money to make.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
(09-05-2012 04:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok seriously why do people hate on the 'non original story'??

The same people then go and watch then say rinse and repeat story of every single super hero movie, or any action movie.

The story was original. I have never seen any other story where people control giant blue people, nor where man inhabits another planet for the purposes of mining.

My point is that it is more original then half the shit people watch these days.

Nobody would complain about the story if they didn't read that one critic's opinion and jump on the "lets bash the amazing hyped up movie" bandwagon.

It was a fantastic movie, good story, good action scenes, kept you watching.
But Nooooo, because it's 3D everyone goes ape shit and looks at it glass 1/10th empty..

Like I said, it was a fun flick. It wasn't a critique of the movie that got me, it was the hype. It's like Superbad- everyone said it was the most hilarious movie ever, you'll laugh every few seconds. I watched it and was not so impressed. There were funny parts, and if I wasn't so hyped about it I probably would have enjoyed the movie more. Maybe, maybe not. But it feels more disappointing when it doesn't live up to the expectations that everyone else set for it. And that's what you come away thinking. It was a fun movie, but it really wasn't "all that".

And it's not unoriginal stories that bother me either (though don't try to tell me that it's original because in this version they could put their brains robot bodies, like giant blue Adrian Barbeaux-bots). We all like recycled stories. But some of them are too similar not to acknowledge that the plot is pretty much a direct copy. And sometimes the original stories are more enjoyable than the newer. Sometimes they are not better.

If you liked it, that's great, tons of people did. Don't get mad at other people because they didn't like it.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
09-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Superbad is pretty funny man. Now i don't know who's side I'm on.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I didn't really care all that much about the story itself (poor writing kills anything for me), or the actors (although I always love seeing Sigourney Weaver), I was really just interested in seeing how the "new" 3D technology had improved.

I have to say I was quite impressed when I tried to bat away what I thought was an insect buzzing around my face -it was in the film!!?! Very cool.

I have ZERO desire to see that particular flick again, but it did spark my interest in seeing other 3D films. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
(09-05-2012 11:51 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Superbad is pretty funny man. Now i don't know who's side I'm on.
LOL and you question my taste in movies. Dodgy

Superbad lives on one liners. Like "What do you want me to do, jump in front of the spit?"

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Superbad was funny... just not hilarious. Not my kind of humor, I guess.

A much better Michael Cera role was in Arrested Development. Now that is fucking hilarious.
09-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Superbad wasn't about the one liners it was about the comedic chemistry of the tow lead actors. Everything else minus maybe the cop with glasses was average to below average. McLovin was one of the worst characters in the history of cinema. But those two guys had something.

And yes Arrested Development was genius.

Also another Micheal Cera role worth mentioning would be Scott Pilgrim.

[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post