Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Blue for Avatar? Why not kill yourself?
Scott Pilgrim was great, liked that one too. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
(09-05-2012 10:01 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't dislike the movie because it was a copy. I dislike it because IMO it's not a very good movie. The main actor was just awful. The plot line was... obvious. The Navi were annoying. The link thing was kind of gross. The action was brutal and not in a good way. It just didn't jive with me.

I'm ok with other people liking it though. Good for you who enjoy this movie. Hopefully you enjoy it enough to buy it, because it cost a fuck load of money to make.

Interesting take.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-05-2012, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 08:02 AM by germanyt.)
(09-05-2012 12:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Superbad wasn't about the one liners it was about the comedic chemistry of the tow lead actors. Everything else minus maybe the cop with glasses was average to below average. McLovin was one of the worst characters in the history of cinema. But those two guys had something.

And yes Arrested Development was genius.

Also another Micheal Cera role worth mentioning would be Scott Pilgrim.
One liners.....

"Mama's makin a pube salad, and i need some of seths home made dressing"

Seth: I am truly jealous u got to suck on them tits when u were a baby.

Evan: well yea. Least u got to suck on ya dads di**

Evan:You really b**ched out back there

Seth: I b**ched out? U itched out back there fu**ing Judas

Evan: I heard she got breast reduction surgery.
Seth: What? That's like slapping God across the face for giving you a beautiful gift.

Dude! That means that by some fate we were paired together and she thought of me. Thought of me enough to want me to be responsible for the entire funness of her party! She wants to fuck me! She wants my dick in and around her mouth!

"If he had ejaculated, and then punched you in the face, we might've had a chance, but no, no semen"

"McLovin? What kind of a stupid name is that fogull, what you trying to be an irish r&b singer?

You want girls to think you suck dick at fucking pussy?

it kinda makes it ball dick ball...
yea like a division symbol

'Ah man, I was so shit-faced last night, I shouldn't have fucked that guy?' We could be that mistake!"

"It's just not fair that they get to flaunt that stuff, you know... and like, I have to hide every erection I get. Just imagine if girls weren't weirded out by our boners and stuff, and just like wanted to see them. That's the world I one day want to live in."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Somehow I wasn't aware that I claimed there weren't any one liners in the movie.

Live and learn I guess. Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
(10-05-2012 08:27 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Somehow I wasn't aware that I claimed there weren't any one liners in the movie.

Live and learn I guess. Wink
Merely pointing out that it's the script and nothing else that made this movie worth watching. Any other two actors could have pulled off this role. Me and a fat version of KC could have starred in this movie and it would have been equally funny because of how it's written.

Actually it'd probably requre KC and a fat version of me.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I disagree. To make my case I will first have to ask you I you like that kid from both adventureland and zombieland. I think his name is jesse. If you do like ol frog voice then my point may not work.

If you do not then my point works. Replace micheal cera in Superbad with that other kid. It wouldn't work because that guy sucks at awkward weirdo. You know why? Because he is an awkward weirdo. It comes off way to awkward and weird. Anything he has ever done would have been done better with micheal cera. He is e poor mans micheal cera.
The chemistry wouldn't have worked between the fat guy and that other guy because it would be genuinely awkward and weird.

The lines would all die. They would go from funny to awkward and weird.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
But Zombieland was awesome... and Superbad was not. I'm so confused now.

I like Michael Cera better than Jesse Eisenberg, but both are really good at playing awkward and weird characters. Oddly though, I have a hard time picturing Michael Cera in Zombieland. Might be because it has an action element to it that I've never really seen Cera do.
10-05-2012, 11:23 AM
(10-05-2012 10:26 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree. To make my case I will first have to ask you I you like that kid from both adventureland and zombieland. I think his name is jesse. If you do like ol frog voice then my point may not work.

If you do not then my point works. Replace micheal cera in Superbad with that other kid. It wouldn't work because that guy sucks at awkward weirdo. You know why? Because he is an awkward weirdo. It comes off way to awkward and weird. Anything he has ever done would have been done better with micheal cera. He is e poor mans micheal cera.
The chemistry wouldn't have worked between the fat guy and that other guy because it would be genuinely awkward and weird.

The lines would all die. They would go from funny to awkward and weird.
Never saw either of those movies.

-Mark Twain
10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Zombieland was pretty good. Worth the watch, in my opinion.

Zombies.

Emma Stone.

[Image: xDfo0.gif]
10-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Zombieland was awesome for three reasons.

Bill Murray.
Woody harrelson.
That hot girl.

Jesse almost ruined a zombie movie for me. An that's hard to do. I love zombies.