BluesMan1kw's question from his intro thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: BluesMan1kw's question from his intro thread
(06-01-2015 09:13 PM)BluesMan1kw Wrote:  I won't Bible 'thump' but one must understand that in a discussion I will use scripture as my foundation and basis for my stand.

That's an unfounded and incompatible claim within this realm. A statement like that will only hold weight when discussing theology with another Christian; as it has a very specific place.

You cannot use the Bible as the evidence for your stand when discussing your stand with atheists unless you accept/follow the Bible carte blanche/as is/wholly ie don't wear mixed fabrics, don't eat shellfish, etc.

Moreover, scriptures do not hold any authoritative weight in views of anyone outside Christianity which is the equivalent of a Muslim quoting the Qur'an to show you the authority of his beliefs over yours.

The only expression of authority is personal faith and acceptance which only holds autonomy to yourself and no one else - meaning: you cannot express or impress any authority to anyone other than yourself.

Your beliefs are built solely on faith. Demonstrative empirical evidence for authority is not possible.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like kingschosen's post
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
(07-01-2015 11:03 AM)microterf Wrote:  As everyone else has stated, you don't "Choose" to be an atheist or not.

What am I, chopped liver? Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-01-2015, 03:42 PM
BluesMan1kw's question from his intro thread
I became an atheist due to critical thinking, if you critically look at your religion I'm sure you would see the nonsense
[+] 1 user Likes Jamhar's post
08-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Re: BluesMan1kw's question from his intro thread
I didn't choose the atheist life. The atheist life chose me!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-01-2015, 04:56 AM
It really wasn't a choice for me. ...not in the sense of being "born again" so to speak. Every question brought another question- critical thinking caused me to start walking down a path. Once you see things as they are those things cannot be unseen. A more fitting question for me would be "what made you start questioning your belief system?" There is no cut and dry, instant approach to coming from theism to atheism. .. at least not for me