Boardwalk Empire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Boardwalk Empire
Anyone else into this show? Season 3 begins this coming Sunday. I've been re-watching season 2 to get ready - still glad they killed off Jimmy, wish they'd do the same to Margaret.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Boardwalk Empire
I have been tempted to get the first season on Netflix. How would you rate it?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-09-2012, 10:47 AM
(11-09-2012 10:29 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have been tempted to get the first season on Netflix. How would you rate it?

Very, very highly. The writing, screenplay, acting, cinematography are all fantastic. It covers a fascinating period of history (1920s) that has gotten relatively less attention than other time periods. But I think you will have to get through a few episodes before you start to care about any characters or get into the show.
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
(11-09-2012 10:47 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 10:29 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have been tempted to get the first season on Netflix. How would you rate it?

Very, very highly. The writing, screenplay, acting, cinematography are all fantastic. It covers a fascinating period of history (1920s) that has gotten relatively less attention than other time periods. But I think you will have to get through a few episodes before you start to care about any characters or get into the show.

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume