Boardwalk Empire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Boardwalk Empire
Anyone watch this?
I just started the other day because I've run out of TV shows to watch. 6 episodes in.

This has got to be the biggest "meh" TV show I've ever seen.
In saying that, I'll watch all 4 sessions because I've run out of better options like that.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: Boardwalk Empire
It gets better.
It's not amazing, but pretty enjoyable.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I've watched every episode of every season simply because I'm big on the history surrounding RL characters like Lucky Luciano, Al Capone, Joe "The Boss" Masseria, Arnold Rothstein, Meyer Lansky, & even Herbert Hoover.
This last season pissed me off, though! I won't spoil it for you, but it just seemed the writer had to make a whole season finale just to get rid of all the characters he/she didn't need anymore for their association with a character who already died. Just...bleh!
I'm going to keep watching, but I won't begrudge anyone for turning against the series before it finishes! Stick in there for a few more episodes, you might get some real classic whack/kill scenes in.

10-01-2014, 11:48 PM
I did a couple episodes, but haven't gotten around to watching any more. It's on my "if I'm really bored" list.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
13-01-2014, 08:05 PM
I changed my mind, this got really good really quickly. About half way through the first session to be exact.

13-01-2014, 09:32 PM
All the women characters though are just horrible horrible people. Total bitches.

13-01-2014, 09:39 PM
The finale of season 4 was a downer.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
14-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Mrs Thompson is such a fucking bitch. I hate her so much, god damn I hope she dies in an extremely painful way.
Playing the victim all "ohh he yelled at me so now I'm angry at him", he yelled at you because you went behind his back and sold all his fucking land that he spent several years on you fucking cow, what the actual fuck did you expect?? that he'd be happy as larry??
Bitch is lucky I wasn't in his shoes or she'd be in a fishing net like her late husband.

14-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I saw a couple of episodes during a trip last year, Muffs (hotel had HBO) and I thought it a fantastic show. I have to wait now for it to come out on Netflix to see the whole thing. Good show tho............ very well done I thought.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-01-2014, 05:03 PM
I think Mrs. Thompson's character is generating exactly the response from you that is intended.

I like this show a lot. I've been watching since the first season and while I don't completely follow all the plot twists or recognize all the returning characters, I still enjoy it. This last season was particularly good to me.