Bob Dylan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Bob Dylan
I didn't see a thread for Dylan and I'm hoping one or two of you enjoy his music too. I have been enjoying his latest release (Tempest) a lot. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Highway 61 revisited. I'd like to see what you all think, like, dislike.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Bob Dylan
(10-10-2012 08:05 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I didn't see a thread for Dylan and I'm hoping one or two of you enjoy his music too. I have been enjoying his latest release (Tempest) a lot. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Highway 61 revisited. I'd like to see what you all think, like, dislike.

If I could understand what he was saying, I might enjoy him more. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-10-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Bob Dylan
(10-10-2012 08:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:05 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I didn't see a thread for Dylan and I'm hoping one or two of you enjoy his music too. I have been enjoying his latest release (Tempest) a lot. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Highway 61 revisited. I'd like to see what you all think, like, dislike.

If I could understand what he was saying, I might enjoy him more. Tongue

That good Sir, is just plain nitpickingDrinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Bob Dylan
(10-10-2012 08:33 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  If I could understand what he was saying, I might enjoy him more. Tongue

That good Sir, is just plain nitpickingDrinking Beverage

Yes, guilty as charged. I'll have to give the new stuff a try.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Haven't tried his new stuff yet, but liked the old stuff... I should download his new stuff and see.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
(10-10-2012 09:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Haven't tried his new stuff yet, but liked the old stuff... I should download his new stuff and see.

His voice is really ruff now. Some of Tempest is on YouTube. This is one of the most upbeat songs.

http://youtu.be/kC36xgPCEDg

David Hume
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I like his voice like that.

Here are all his lyrics:

http://www.azlyrics.com/d/dylan.html

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Thte more you listen to Dylan the more you can understand him.

My favorite of his songs is Lay, Lady, Lay...and it's the one song where he is pretty clear for some reason.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Huge Dylan fan—I probably have 300-400 albums, including field recordings—although the new one has yet to really grow on me.

It's funny to me when people expose themselves as a Mr. Jones by saying "Dylan can't sing." Guy is one of the most virtuoso—and certainly among the most influential—vocalists in the history of recorded music. Vocally, I place him among the likes of Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder in terms of technique.

My favorite studio album is probably "Bringing It All Back Home," because I don't think any other of his albums showcase his diversity the way this one does. Atheism has done nothing to weaken the hold "Slow Train Coming" has on me.

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes Human Being's post
10-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I like Bob Dylan, but it's a second hand nostalgic like.

My favourite song, and the only song I don't have to look up when I play on guitar, is 'Oh Sister'. I think it has a Christian vibe to the song, but it still makes me warm and fuzzy. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post