Bob Dylan Awarded Nobel Prize in Literature

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-10-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Bob Dylan Awarded Nobel Prize in Literature
Hmm ... this is interesting and kind of sweet. A few people discuss the very early relationship between Joan Baez and Bob Dylan.

Kind of nice to see them age as gracefully as they have.
It's nice that they have a good relationship ... finally.

Oh dang ... my folk roots are showing. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Oh oh ... I better stop before I fall down another well.

Just one more won't hurt, right? Shy

This goes out to all the unreliable dolts guys I inexplicably found myself involved with ...

I love singing this song.
I just don't like it to be so damned relevant. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
16-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Saw this on a guitar forum I frequent --

[Image: 36712d1476608227-bob-dylan-wins-nobel-pr...4427_n.jpg]
22-10-2016, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 06:02 AM by Gloucester.)
Dylan has been labelled "arrogant and bad-mannered" by the Nobel committee for not answering their calls and accepting the prize.

As a self imposed recluse who never asked for this honour is this fair?

Perhaps they should have researched and considered the attitudes and wishes of the recipient before boosting him into the spotlight of the attentions of the world and its media?

Later correction: the Nobel description was, "impolite and arrogant". Not a lot of difference.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
22-10-2016, 04:26 AM
An award Jean Paul Sartre turned down.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-10-2016, 07:39 AM
(22-10-2016 04:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  [...]
Later correction: the Nobel description was, "impolite and arrogant". Not a lot of difference.

As Dylan was back in the day? Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-10-2016, 09:09 AM
(22-10-2016 04:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Dylan has been labelled "arrogant and bad-mannered" by the Nobel committee for not answering their calls and accepting the prize.

He's an introvert and doesn't want to go out there and accept prizes. Thankfully he does still write and make music...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-10-2016, 10:15 AM
(22-10-2016 04:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Dylan has been labelled "arrogant and bad-mannered" by the Nobel committee for not answering their calls and accepting the prize.

Perhaps they should have researched and considered the attitudes and wishes of the recipient before boosting him into the spotlight of the attentions of the world and its media?

lol, they get butthurt because they didn't get the fawning they thought they were owed?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-10-2016, 10:56 AM
(22-10-2016 10:15 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

lol, they get butthurt because they didn't get the fawning they thought they were owed?

But, but, but they are the Nobel Committee, even God seeks their advice surely?

Hobo

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
22-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Right?
You tell a guy he's done a fine job and you still expect him to sing for his supper. Exactly who is arrogant, here?

It's just possible he's a humble and slightly awkward guy and he needs time to get his guts up to respond. Also, I think he's touring at the moment - that's a whole different head space. Shy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post