Bob Ross

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 02:53 AM
Rainbow RE: Bob Ross
The gaming steaming website Twitch recently began officially accepting that people do artistic things opposed to just playing/talking about games. And to do so, they launched a channel http://www.twitch.tv/bobross that initially ran all of his the joy of painting series in a marathon, now it just runs live every monday showing old episodes of the show.

Some people even did mimic Microsoft paint videos or other ideas to inspire fellow watchers to art it up themselves.

my personal inspired lack of skill but fondness for watercolor strokes vision created this ditty.

https://twitter.com/Clyde_Lee/status/661...88/photo/1

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
04-12-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Bob Ross
There are multiple Bob Ross parody Twitter accounts they are funny as hell.

[Image: 762836feb2f232c46cd94f4f464ecfff.png]

[Image: ceaff87a5054490e5177334b021236fe.png]

[Image: da3561aee504d17c90bdc0247bfaf1f3.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Oh my god my brother told me about that marathon on twitch...I guess he watched a bunch of it. I might have to see an episode now.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
04-12-2015, 11:30 AM
The late Mr Ross (died from lymphoma at the age of 52 in 1995) was a truly nice guy. And although all his paintings are variations on the same one-off theme, it's still a pleasure listening to his gently modulated voice amid all the current vocal noise on TV these days.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
04-12-2015, 05:11 PM
(03-12-2015 11:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Never heard of him.

An American icon. Seriously, when you're stoned on some good meds youtube an episode. He's hilarious and sincere. Just a funny dude who loves to paint happy trees. I seem to remember a squirrel that likes to hang out in his hair...anyone else remember that?

Yes!! A few of the episodes I've watched recently have video of him playing with and holding little squirrels. He loved them so much. He talked about how he'd rehabilitate young ones on occasion, but he always let them free in his back yard once they were better. He wanted them to be free to live a healthy life in the outdoors. He loved it when they would visit with him. Such a gentle and kind man. And the way he giggled every time he'd beat his brush clean... Just cracks me up every time!

My parents used to joke that he was their official baby sitter when my sister and I were growing up. Plop two rowdy kids in front of the tv to watch some Bob Ross and you'd be sure we would be mesmerized by his soothing tones and beautiful painting.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
04-12-2015, 05:26 PM
(04-12-2015 05:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  An American icon. Seriously, when you're stoned on some good meds youtube an episode. He's hilarious and sincere. Just a funny dude who loves to paint happy trees. I seem to remember a squirrel that likes to hang out in his hair...anyone else remember that?

Yes!! A few of the episodes I've watched recently have video of him playing with and holding little squirrels. He loved them so much. He talked about how he'd rehabilitate young ones on occasion, but he always let them free in his back yard once they were better. He wanted them to be free to live a healthy life in the outdoors. He loved it when they would visit with him. Such a gentle and kind man. And the way he giggled every time he'd beat his brush clean... Just cracks me up every time!

My parents used to joke that he was their official baby sitter when my sister and I were growing up. Plop two rowdy kids in front of the tv to watch some Bob Ross and you'd be sure we would be mesmerized by his soothing tones and beautiful painting.

I'm older than you. I was a teenager the first time I saw Bob Ross and I thought he was an idiot. The paintings looked like the crap you see in hotels, inane and uncreative and oh, so hokie. But now I see him with different eyes. Maybe the world has become crazier and more violent and now I see Bob Ross as the antidote or at least as a respite from all the shit I see in the media.

His paintings are still hokie but I realize now that there's nothing wrong with hokie and yes, he really was a nice guy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-12-2015, 05:28 PM
I was reading that before he started his career as a painter he was a master sergeant in the air force. He decided when he retired that he'd never scream at anyone again. Looks like he held true to that decision. Whoda thunkit?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
04-12-2015, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 06:34 PM by pablo.)
I liked Bob Ross, but I remember Bill Alexander as the "happy tree" guy from PBS.