Body Acceptance and the Morbidly Obese

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Body Acceptance and the Morbidly Obese
One of the things that keeps me in shape. Note this is a shared trail in the middle of the city so I couldn't go balls out. Running over someone's pet would make for a bad day. But I stay active. Like I mentioned before. I usually tool around our neighborhood doing flatland tricks on my BMX bike which is more of a workout than any other since you are using every muscle in your body.

So this is how I keep in shape.

First Video is of my DH Bike and where I was riding I had to keep a slower pace just in case there were walkers sharing the trail.

Second Video is of the Cyclocross bike on a steep incline over the Big Dam Bridge

And I found this nice little trail after riding 21 miles. I was on the cyclocross bike with no suspension but it wasn't bad

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
01-04-2017, 11:13 AM
(01-04-2017 10:52 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I was tested for testosterone and they found I have almost no testosterone, apparently I never have had much. I took the shots for a while and hated it. That was back when I was 18 i think?

Well there's your problem. If you had low T at 18 you're fellas ain't never gonna work right and the fact that you're still fast and strong is impressive. Did you try different esters with different half-life of the injections? I don't like having my T high for long and use the gel which only stays in the system for a couple of days so I can take breaks. I guess none of this really matters if you can't afford treatment. Seems like if you got pre-existing documentation Medicaid should cover it. The people I know on Medicaid get better treatment than some with insurance. At the very least if it were me I would try to inhibit aromatase with natural OTC supplements to keep as much testosterone from converting to estrogen as I could. A sustained high estrogen state in a man will not only prevent you from losing weight, it will try to make more fat (it's also a potentially fatal condition as demonstrated by the British execution of one of our great minds for being gay, fuckin' Brits). Natural aromatase inhibitors include grape seed extract and Tongcat Ali or Longjack. D-aspartic acid and hCG signal the pituitary to produce more luteinizing hormone which in turn signals the fellas to make more T.

And I assume you're on Metformin. Take it. It has longevity promoting epigenetic effects in addition to blood sugar.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-04-2017, 11:17 AM
(01-04-2017 10:56 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  So this is how I keep in shape.

Made me queasy. Hobo I'll stick to Grog lift big rock off ground a couple times a month. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-04-2017, 12:21 AM
(01-04-2017 11:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 10:52 AM)JesseB Wrote:  I was tested for testosterone and they found I have almost no testosterone, apparently I never have had much. I took the shots for a while and hated it. That was back when I was 18 i think?

Well there's your problem. If you had low T at 18 you're fellas ain't never gonna work right and the fact that you're still fast and strong is impressive. Did you try different esters with different half-life of the injections? I don't like having my T high for long and use the gel which only stays in the system for a couple of days so I can take breaks. I guess none of this really matters if you can't afford treatment. Seems like if you got pre-existing documentation Medicaid should cover it. The people I know on Medicaid get better treatment than some with insurance. At the very least if it were me I would try to inhibit aromatase with natural OTC supplements to keep as much testosterone from converting to estrogen as I could. A sustained high estrogen state in a man will not only prevent you from losing weight, it will try to make more fat (it's also a potentially fatal condition as demonstrated by the British execution of one of our great minds for being gay, fuckin' Brits). Natural aromatase inhibitors include grape seed extract and Tongcat Ali or Longjack. D-aspartic acid and hCG signal the pituitary to produce more luteinizing hormone which in turn signals the fellas to make more T.

And I assume you're on Metformin. Take it. It has longevity promoting epigenetic effects in addition to blood sugar.

So like.... I really want to have a child, are you suggesting I can't unless I take testosterone? I mean I hate the stuff, it made me want to murder everyone in sight, but if that's the price I have to pay to have a kid.....

I mean my sex drive is ok, I jerk off like 2-8 times a day and have since I was 16 lol So I didn't think I needed additional testosterone.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
02-04-2017, 05:24 AM
(02-04-2017 12:21 AM)JesseB Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 11:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well there's your problem. If you had low T at 18 you're fellas ain't never gonna work right and the fact that you're still fast and strong is impressive. Did you try different esters with different half-life of the injections? I don't like having my T high for long and use the gel which only stays in the system for a couple of days so I can take breaks. I guess none of this really matters if you can't afford treatment. Seems like if you got pre-existing documentation Medicaid should cover it. The people I know on Medicaid get better treatment than some with insurance. At the very least if it were me I would try to inhibit aromatase with natural OTC supplements to keep as much testosterone from converting to estrogen as I could. A sustained high estrogen state in a man will not only prevent you from losing weight, it will try to make more fat (it's also a potentially fatal condition as demonstrated by the British execution of one of our great minds for being gay, fuckin' Brits). Natural aromatase inhibitors include grape seed extract and Tongcat Ali or Longjack. D-aspartic acid and hCG signal the pituitary to produce more luteinizing hormone which in turn signals the fellas to make more T.

So like.... I really want to have a child, are you suggesting I can't unless I take testosterone? I mean I hate the stuff, it made me want to murder everyone in sight, but if that's the price I have to pay to have a kid.....

I mean my sex drive is ok, I jerk off like 2-8 times a day and have since I was 16 lol So I didn't think I needed additional testosterone.

> Nevertheless, be sure to have your prostate gland examined on a regular basis. My doctor didn't insist on it until I was 60. My first PSA test revealed that I had advanced prostate cancer. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
02-04-2017, 06:01 AM
(02-04-2017 05:24 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:21 AM)JesseB Wrote:  So like.... I really want to have a child, are you suggesting I can't unless I take testosterone? I mean I hate the stuff, it made me want to murder everyone in sight, but if that's the price I have to pay to have a kid.....

> Nevertheless, be sure to have your prostate gland examined on a regular basis. My doctor didn't insist on it until I was 60. My first PSA test revealed that I had advanced prostate cancer. Sad

Sad That sucks. I assume given that you're posting here you're not chained to the wall in hell?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-04-2017, 06:53 AM
So I did not read 8 pages of answers, therefore maybe some things have been said already but here are my two cents:

I am not saying that fat and morbidly obese people can't be pretty, because many actually are. And anyway, what's beautiful is a matter of taste and it is very subjective. So I am not even going to get into that.

A lot of fat or morbidly obese people are lieing to themselves. They don't realise because they are good at it.
"It's not that bad"
"There are people fatter than me"
"I can still walk"
"I don't even have diabetes"
"My blood works came out just fine"
and so on

But here is the reality that no morbidly obese person can ignore and this is the blank and pure truth:
* Tie your shoelaces
* Lift your legs / step over raised ground
* Problems shaving (legs / private parts)
* Breathlessness when bending over
* Issues fitting through tight places
* Difficulty finding scales that support your weight
* Constant feeling of hunger / too big appetite
* Pains in joins / back pains
* Unable to do normal physical excersize because the stomach is in the way (normal situps / normal pushups, etc)
* Thin skin / rashes / itchy stretch marks / etc
* Can't buy clothes easily in regular clothing stores
* Issues with blood (cholesterol, sugar, vitamins, etc) from poor diet and/or simply because there is so much fat on the body
* Problems with certain organs (liver / kidney / heart)
and more

So hiding behind "I'm fine" is not gonna cut it because that's not true.
Another person interfering usually doesn't do anything though so it is really up to that person to be fed up to the point where they say "Ok, enough is enough"
And that takes a lot of time because naturally we try to find excuses.
"I always dealt with this even before I was fat"
"A lot of slim people have the same issue"
"Stop diagnosing me based on my weight"
"It's just how my body/metabolism works"
Know those lines?

My experience:
I have always been slim. Never thin but always slim. Always pretty muscular.
When I was about 23 or so, I started gaining weight. I hadn't changed anything in my activity or diet, it just happened. It wasn't much either so it was kinda sneaking up on me.
Then I moved in with a person (shared flat) and we always cooked for everybody. Most of the time she did because nobody liked my healthy food (low in fat, low in sugar, very veggie based, etc) so I ate what she cooked and she cooked very heavy food. Naturally that helped my weight gain. I also stopped excersizing as much and that helped my weight gain as well.
At first it wasn't too bad. I didn't care really. I wasn't happy about it but I didn't care. I was still able to do everything normally, just I had a little more belly now.
The problem is, I started liking that life style and that made me get fatter and fatter with the normal thing happening that as you get older your metabolism also slows down.
Then I started trying all those great diet regimes. Dukan, low carb, high protein, etc etc. Broke my metabolism a little more.
So at some point it wasn't the lack of trying anymore but I had broken my metabolism with this abuse.
Believe me I know a lot about nutrition, health, excersize but knowing and doing are two different things.
I knew a few years ago that I should lose weight but my heart wasn't there.
You know what was the turning point for me?
I really love physical activities but at this point I just cannot do it anymore. I went ziplining twice last year and couldn't do the hard ones because I didn't trust my body anymore. I went on a mudrun that I couldn't complete, not even close, because I can't even hop over a low hurdle. It is ridiculous. And I started noticing more and more things recently that I hate and the only reason I hate those things is because I am fat because otherwise they wouldn't be an issue.
Also I finally have the diagnose for some of my issues and my doctor is super thorough and checked everything from blood to organs and so on. And the only thing left is, well I am fat and I need to lose weight. So those things combined drove the message home for me.
So this month I signed up with the gym and started going, I started eating better, and snacking less.
See, not even the doctor was able to make me lose weight. I had to come to the realisation myself.

Now in the end, I would like to touch on the topic of "fat shaming" a little bit. I feel that this is one of those new things that are taboo and "just don't offend anybody". So I am ok to call out a meth addict and say to them "look you need help, what you are doing is horrible for your health, you are literally killing yourself" and I can say the same to an alcoholic, a smoker, a person that is too thin, someone who eats too salty, someone who drinks too much coffee, etc. But for some reason, I cannot say the same thing to a fat person? How is that making sense? Am I coffee shaming, when I tell my friend "look, 5 cups of coffee a day is too much, you should try to drink less coffee"? Why is it not ok to tell a fat person "Sorry but maybe you should not have this 5th chocolate bar today. How about you go for a walk instead?"
The only feedback that is not ok is the feedback that does nothing for the person. Just shouting "you are fat and disgusting" isn't doing anything but cause misery. But telling the person, with good intentions, what they are doing wrong and how they can do better, I see no harm in it. Not when it is a stranger but friends, family, etc It should always be ok to try and help a fellow human being.

Ok done.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
02-04-2017, 06:56 AM
(02-04-2017 12:21 AM)JesseB Wrote:  So like.... I really want to have a child, are you suggesting I can't unless I take testosterone? I mean I hate the stuff, it made me want to murder everyone in sight, but if that's the price I have to pay to have a kid.....

Sorry man but how much you jerk off has nothing to do with how fertile you are. It is the quality of your semen so that is what need to be checked if you want a child.
And if the doctor tells you that you need to do something with your testosterone maybe you should take it. If it has side effects that make you more aggressive or more irritable than you would usually be, you need to talk to your doctor so the dose can be adjusted.

02-04-2017, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:10 PM by Anjele.)
(02-04-2017 06:53 AM)Leerob Wrote:  So I did not read 8 pages of answers, therefore maybe some things have been said already but here are my two cents:

I am not saying that fat and morbidly obese people can't be pretty, because many actually are. And anyway, what's beautiful is a matter of taste and it is very subjective. So I am not even going to get into that.

A lot of fat or morbidly obese people are lieing to themselves. They don't realise because they are good at it.
"It's not that bad"
"There are people fatter than me"
"I can still walk"
"I don't even have diabetes"
"My blood works came out just fine"
and so on

But here is the reality that no morbidly obese person can ignore and this is the blank and pure truth:
* Tie your shoelaces
* Lift your legs / step over raised ground
* Problems shaving (legs / private parts)
* Breathlessness when bending over
* Issues fitting through tight places
* Difficulty finding scales that support your weight
* Constant feeling of hunger / too big appetite
* Pains in joins / back pains
* Unable to do normal physical excersize because the stomach is in the way (normal situps / normal pushups, etc)
* Thin skin / rashes / itchy stretch marks / etc
* Can't buy clothes easily in regular clothing stores
* Issues with blood (cholesterol, sugar, vitamins, etc) from poor diet and/or simply because there is so much fat on the body
* Problems with certain organs (liver / kidney / heart)
and more

So hiding behind "I'm fine" is not gonna cut it because that's not true.
Another person interfering usually doesn't do anything though so it is really up to that person to be fed up to the point where they say "Ok, enough is enough"
And that takes a lot of time because naturally we try to find excuses.
"I always dealt with this even before I was fat"
"A lot of slim people have the same issue"
"Stop diagnosing me based on my weight"
"It's just how my body/metabolism works"
Know those lines?

My experience:
I have always been slim. Never thin but always slim. Always pretty muscular.
When I was about 23 or so, I started gaining weight. I hadn't changed anything in my activity or diet, it just happened. It wasn't much either so it was kinda sneaking up on me.
Then I moved in with a person (shared flat) and we always cooked for everybody. Most of the time she did because nobody liked my healthy food (low in fat, low in sugar, very veggie based, etc) so I ate what she cooked and she cooked very heavy food. Naturally that helped my weight gain. I also stopped excersizing as much and that helped my weight gain as well.
At first it wasn't too bad. I didn't care really. I wasn't happy about it but I didn't care. I was still able to do everything normally, just I had a little more belly now.
The problem is, I started liking that life style and that made me get fatter and fatter with the normal thing happening that as you get older your metabolism also slows down.
Then I started trying all those great diet regimes. Dukan, low carb, high protein, etc etc. Broke my metabolism a little more.
So at some point it wasn't the lack of trying anymore but I had broken my metabolism with this abuse.
Believe me I know a lot about nutrition, health, excersize but knowing and doing are two different things.
I knew a few years ago that I should lose weight but my heart wasn't there.
You know what was the turning point for me?
I really love physical activities but at this point I just cannot do it anymore. I went ziplining twice last year and couldn't do the hard ones because I didn't trust my body anymore. I went on a mudrun that I couldn't complete, not even close, because I can't even hop over a low hurdle. It is ridiculous. And I started noticing more and more things recently that I hate and the only reason I hate those things is because I am fat because otherwise they wouldn't be an issue.
Also I finally have the diagnose for some of my issues and my doctor is super thorough and checked everything from blood to organs and so on. And the only thing left is, well I am fat and I need to lose weight. So those things combined drove the message home for me.
So this month I signed up with the gym and started going, I started eating better, and snacking less.
See, not even the doctor was able to make me lose weight. I had to come to the realisation myself.

Now in the end, I would like to touch on the topic of "fat shaming" a little bit. I feel that this is one of those new things that are taboo and "just don't offend anybody". So I am ok to call out a meth addict and say to them "look you need help, what you are doing is horrible for your health, you are literally killing yourself" and I can say the same to an alcoholic, a smoker, a person that is too thin, someone who eats too salty, someone who drinks too much coffee, etc. But for some reason, I cannot say the same thing to a fat person? How is that making sense? Am I coffee shaming, when I tell my friend "look, 5 cups of coffee a day is too much, you should try to drink less coffee"? Why is it not ok to tell a fat person "Sorry but maybe you should not have this 5th chocolate bar today. How about you go for a walk instead?"
The only feedback that is not ok is the feedback that does nothing for the person. Just shouting "you are fat and disgusting" isn't doing anything but cause misery. But telling the person, with good intentions, what they are doing wrong and how they can do better, I see no harm in it. Not when it is a stranger but friends, family, etc It should always be ok to try and help a fellow human being.

Ok done.

The friend I spoke of earlier had to have been embarrassed by her ever-increasing weight. I can't imagine being able to lie away the truth to the extent that she did.

One day she sat on my couch and broke one of the legs off of it. We had a gathering after getting a new table and chairs (new to us anyway) and when she sat on a chair the seat split all the way down the middle. Not a word was ever said about these events but she knew and I knew what happened.

When we went somewhere together I always insisted that she drive, under the pretense that she knew her way around town better than I did. In truth, it's because they wore cars out due to her weight crushing the seats and damaging the suspension.

She and her family used to tease me because of how little food I prepared for a family of five. Granted my kids were younger than hers but they would, every night, cook enough food that my family could have eaten for a week and still not consume it all. It was sheer volume of the food that was consumed in that house that was astonishing.

After a day of shopping together we were heading back on base and she asked if I wanted to stop at a fast food place for a snack. It was mid-afternoon so I was thinking maybe a drink or a small ice cream since it was getting close to suppertime. She ordered a full combo meal...that was what she considered a snack. That day really showed me how differently she and I looked at food.

It's easy for me to wonder how people become so heavy since food is low priority for me and I have the genetics of slender or average sized people. But I know I am lucky not to fight that battle. If I was addicted to eating....it's not illegal, it's easily accessible, we all have to eat...it has to be hard to have to control an addiction to food when you can't forego eating altogether.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 07:50 AM
(02-04-2017 07:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The friend I spoke of earlier had to have been embarrassed by her ever-increasing weight. I can't imagine being able to lie away the truth to the extent that she did.

One day she sat on my couch and broke one of the legs off of it. We had a gathering after getting a new table and chairs (new to us anyway) and when she sat on a chair the seat split all the way down the middle. Not a word was ever said about these events but she knew and I knew what happened.

When we went somewhere together I always insisted that she drive, under the pretense that she knew her way around town better than I did. In truth, it's because they wore cars out due to her weight crushing the seats and damaging the suspension.

She and her family used to tease me because of how little food I prepared for a family of five. Granted my kids were younger than hers but they would, every night, cook enough food that my family could have eaten for a week and still not consumed it all. It was sheer volume of the food that was consumed in that house that was astonishing.

After a day of shopping together we were heading back on base and she asked if I wanted to stop at a fast food place for a snack. It was mid-afternoon so I was thinking maybe a drink or a small ice cream since it was getting close to suppertime. She ordered a full combo meal...that was what she considered a snack. That day really showed me how differently she and I looked at food.

It's easy for me to wonder how people become so heavy since food is low priority for me and I have the genetics of slender or average sized people. But I know I am lucky not to fight that battle. If I was addicted to eating....it's not illegal, it's easily accessible, we all have to eat...it has to be hard to have to control an addiction to food when you can't forego eating altogether.
I am 100% sure that she was embarrassed. You know why? Because even that split second of where she realises that her size is the reason why certain things happen, event that moment counts. She knows she is too fat and that her size is breaking things. She sees normal meals and makes fun of them because she knows she is having way too much. But it is so much easier to make fun of someone else, trying to make them feel lesser, than it is to face your own hard reality. Those are usually subconscious process though, so you can't even call her out on it because she doesn't realise the reason of why she acts the way she does.
Now quite honestly, if I had a friend who repeatedly breaks my stuff just from sitting down, I would probably be very honest. I would either not have her visit and explain why or when she visits, i would have a nice big floor cussion or so for her, because it gets expensive to fix or buy new just because my friend comes over and sits down.