Poll: Body Autonomy & Self Termination
Yes, anyone should have the right to choose to die.
No, no one should have the right to choose to die.
Yes, but only people who are terminal should have the right to die as they choose.
I don't care one way or another.
[Show Results]

Body Autonomy, How Far Should That Extend?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Body Autonomy, How Far Should That Extend?
(28-02-2016 06:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  From what I've seen in this fo no one has ever "beat down" anyone who wasn't trying to beat down others. I'm relatively new but I would never tolerate that behavior in a thread I started.

I also am a proponent of answer what questions you want, ignore the rest, if you so choose. That does not mean you have to refrain from posting in the thread. Just so you know Deidre32. Your presence is welcome.

As a side note, I did not take Chas' comment as an aggressive post either. Maybe lets start over. Smile

I've never said that I thought anyone was trying to 'beat me down.' Those words are not mine. lol But, yes...start over. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
28-02-2016, 06:54 PM
(28-02-2016 06:34 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  From what I've seen in this fo no one has ever "beat down" anyone who wasn't trying to beat down others. I'm relatively new but I would never tolerate that behavior in a thread I started.

I also am a proponent of answer what questions you want, ignore the rest, if you so choose. That does not mean you have to refrain from posting in the thread. Just so you know Deidre32. Your presence is welcome.

As a side note, I did not take Chas' comment as an aggressive post either. Maybe lets start over. Smile

I've never said that I thought anyone was trying to 'beat me down.' Those words are not mine. lol But, yes...start over. Cool

I know, they were that hot Grilyman's but I borrowed them to make the point. Glad you're back. Wink

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
28-02-2016, 07:36 PM
(28-02-2016 06:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She thinks we will beat her down for going back to religion. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wanna hear her story.

No, I don't think that at all. At the same time, I'm really not here to defend my faith or beliefs, honestly. Or convince anyone else. I've made some e-friends here along the way, and that's perhaps why I still come here and felt like sharing that I've returned.

I don't think Chas meant for you to have to defend your faith.

He probably just wonders, as I do too, what could convince an atheist to return to Christianity.

But of course you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. It's none of our business, just curiosity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2016, 09:25 PM
(28-02-2016 07:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  No, I don't think that at all. At the same time, I'm really not here to defend my faith or beliefs, honestly. Or convince anyone else. I've made some e-friends here along the way, and that's perhaps why I still come here and felt like sharing that I've returned.

I don't think Chas meant for you to have to defend your faith.

He probably just wonders, as I do too, what could convince an atheist to return to Christianity.

But of course you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. It's none of our business, just curiosity.

Okay, I see. Shy Well, I had let go of all tenets of belief...and grew indifferent towards the ideas of Christianity, of Jesus, prayer, etc. For the past two years, I explored other religions, but always 'returned' to concluding that atheism was a logical stance. Last year, I had an experience of faith...something that in my eyes, could only be explained as divine intervention. It changed my thinking rather instantly. That is why I returned. I feel differently about faith, and Christianity, than I did when I abandoned it a few years ago. That's as best as I can explain it, now. Thanks for asking.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post