Body Image Websites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Body Image Websites
(02-11-2017 09:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  More for the guys I suppose, but there was a TV program on here in UK some time ago, re: Penis Size.

Being a dude, it's all about "how big" it is, because for some unknown reason that's part of a similar social pressure. As a man, apparently you have to be at least 6ft tall, proper ripped and have a massive schlong lol.

I remember being surprised by surveys that would report average size. I saw a bit of variety between them, but every one of them reported the average size much smaller than I'd assumed. I think people intuitively think average size is much larger than it really is.

Jenny's next thread: how big is your junk. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-11-2017, 09:24 AM
(02-11-2017 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I don't concern myself with stuff like this too much but I'm 5'6"and 112 pounds. I don't work at it or anything but I'm not a foodie and never have been. Even as a child I was the kid in the family that hardly ever ate. Remember the little brother in The Christmas Story that played with his potatoes?......that was me. Eat food? Pfffft! No, no, no. Food was put on my plate for me to play with. I'd make pictures with the peas and carrots and bits of meat. I was too busy being imaginative to eat it.

But I pretty much loath cooking. So I grab a handful of lettus or spinich and eat it out of my hand. I grab an apple or a bunch of nuts. A bowl of hot or cold cereal is good. Anything that's easy and quick is what I go for. Complex cooking for me involves making a tuna sandwich. Laugh out load If it involves chopping, stirring, baking or frying I bitch about it. Yeah, I'll do it in a pinch, but I'm non too happy with the process. That being said, I eat very healthfully. If I could take a pill for sustanance instead of eating I'd prefer that. Crazy, huh?

I do love chocolate though. Big Grin Food of the gods! Drooling

I can't imagine not being a foodie Tongue I am always mystified by people who say they aren't foodies. It's like what planet did you come from Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-11-2017, 09:25 AM
(02-11-2017 09:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 09:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  More for the guys I suppose, but there was a TV program on here in UK some time ago, re: Penis Size.

Being a dude, it's all about "how big" it is, because for some unknown reason that's part of a similar social pressure. As a man, apparently you have to be at least 6ft tall, proper ripped and have a massive schlong lol.

I remember being surprised by surveys that would report average size. I saw a bit of variety between them, but every one of them reported the average size much smaller than I'd assumed. I think people intuitively think average size is much larger than it really is.

Consider Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-11-2017, 09:29 AM
(02-11-2017 09:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I remember being surprised by surveys that would report average size. I saw a bit of variety between them, but every one of them reported the average size much smaller than I'd assumed. I think people intuitively think average size is much larger than it really is.

WELL....

[Image: Like-A-Boss.jpg]

"Big Enough" Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
02-11-2017, 09:31 AM
(02-11-2017 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I don't concern myself with stuff like this too much but I'm 5'6"and 112 pounds. I don't work at it or anything but I'm not a foodie and never have been. Even as a child I was the kid in the family that hardly ever ate. Remember the little brother in The Christmas Story that played with his potatoes?......that was me. Eat food? Pfffft! No, no, no. Food was put on my plate for me to play with. I'd make pictures with the peas and carrots and bits of meat. I was too busy being imaginative to eat it.

But I pretty much loath cooking. So I grab a handful of lettus or spinich and eat it out of my hand. I grab an apple or a bunch of nuts. A bowl of hot or cold cereal is good. Anything that's easy and quick is what I go for. Complex cooking for me involves making a tuna sandwich. Laugh out load If it involves chopping, stirring, baking or frying I bitch about it. Yeah, I'll do it in a pinch, but I'm non too happy with the process. That being said, I eat very healthfully. If I could take a pill for sustanance instead of eating I'd prefer that. Crazy, huh?

I do love chocolate though. Big Grin Food of the gods! Drooling

I can't imagine not being a foodie Tongue I am always mystified by people who say they aren't foodies. It's like what planet did you come from Laugh out load

Yeah, I know. My mother hated to cook too. She preferred reading books and oil painting. I'm a lot like my mother. I'd like to donate my brain to science when I die to see what the deal is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-11-2017, 09:32 AM
(02-11-2017 09:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

In the program, they quizzed some women on the street about what a "good size" is, and to demonstrate using their hands to show the size. They did so, and then they actually measured the distance between hands that they'd done. Some where so laughably huge, that it's no wonder most average guys get stressed out about it.

At the end, they had a display of sorts, showing photographs of I think like 100 men, and their ding-dongs, to literally show not everybody has/should have a 10 inch member, and that all guys are different from that area, but also in body shape/size etc.

I imagine there is a similar pressure on women regarding breast size as well, but it was something that really highlighted an image that we all randomly have, mentally, yet in real life is total rubbish and makes no sense.

The flip side of having boobs is some guys associate that with your intelligence level. Or they have no problems grabbing your boobs if you have a chest and I'm talking being groped by random jerks.

As far as the male schlong, I think huge is overrated. Too big and it freakin' hurts. I prefer the guy I'm with to have a normal sized one.

Amen to both of your points.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
02-11-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 10:31 AM by BikerDude.)
I've always been confused by the term "Body Image".
We all have a body.
Wouldn't a camera be the best way to derive a "Body Image"?
If your image differs from what the camera gives you wouldn't that be more of a "Body illusion"?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
02-11-2017, 11:05 AM
(02-11-2017 10:27 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I've always been confused by the term "Body Image".
We all have a body.
Wouldn't a camera be the best way to derive a "Body Image"?
If your image differs from what the camera gives you wouldn't that be more of a "Body illusion"?

No, it's more complex than what you are thinking. Body image refers to how you feel about what you perceive in the mirror or in a picture. And how we feel about what we see colors our self-esteem and confidence- especially in women, who are most often raised by society with the highest importance placed on their beauty, and so are often far more highly critical of their own appearance than men. Women's value tends to be placed more intensely on their appearance than men's value.

And you can see that reflected in many ways in our society- if quick example, being that when someone compliments a man, they tend to reach first for compliments on intelligence or others aspects of that person's personality, and for women they tend to reach first for beauty over others aspects of their personality. Even if they don't think the woman they are complimenting is beautiful, they will reach for some aspect of appearance to compliment first.

How we perceive what we see in our own images is often seen through a very self-critical lens. We focus on the features we feel most negatively impact our beauty, whether others feel the same about those features or not. Because our beauty, if society's lessons are internalized in this way, is the primary measure of our value.

The same is true for men, just to a lesser degree. And it's easier for men to find self-value in other aspects of their being: strength, intelligence, wisdom, wit, etc.

Even being aware of the problem doesn't make us immune to its effects on us, or even how we judge others based on those ideals.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
02-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Body Image Websites
I'm 1.75cm/64kg. I look skinny, according to some even like someone malnourished but I don't have problems with it. Doing physical work and regularly running made me at least somewhat fit but apart from one trainer that I deemed deluded no one would call my physique impressive; just skinny, not a Greek god sadly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
02-11-2017, 08:20 PM
(02-11-2017 08:24 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyway, Fuck society. Be beautiful as is. Heart

Well, yes and no. I'm 5'11", 220 lbs, and diabetic. I would be healthier if I lost weight. If I don't struggle with my weight, I gain more. Like Alice, I would have to run twice as fast to actually get anywhere. I therefore have to maintain my dissatisfation with myself.

So there's that....

I just meant fuck society in the sense of don't let other people/the media etc. dictate to you what their definition of beauty is or should be. In other words, feel good about yourself no matter what size you are. But of course, for health reasons, we all should do what we can to stay as healthy as possible. Imo, I think that becomes easier to do if you feel good about yourself as is, much easier to make healthy changes that way.