Body Image Websites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Body Image Websites
(08-12-2017 12:40 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 12:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Handsome! Smile

I don't think those bmi charts are very effective. I weigh 135, one chart said my ideal weight is 130 for my height and frame. Well screw you Bmi chart! Tongue Plus my extra 5 pounds are all in my chest Laugh out load And I'm not giving up my chocolate cupcakes, so bite me, BMI chart. Wink

I think you look great. I'm sorry about your dysfunctional rship. It's good you got out if it was no longer making you happy.

I agree with being happy and healthy and taking care of yourself without getting hung up on the scale or on charts. I think everything falls into place if you (plural) eat with balance and exercise. Still have sweets just not all the time, balance that out with healthy foods. And move, find an activity you (plural) love. Those two things allow everything else to fall into place.

I agree with your BMI chart assessment. Body fat measuring scales are pretty useless too. I used to be kind of obsessive with skin calipers to track progress and body composition, but now I rely primarily on the mirror and how my jeans fit for feedback. Thumbsup

From what I understand- and I'm quite probably wrong- isn't the deadly fat the stuff that builds up around our internal organs? And BMI charts and calipers and whatnot can't measure that anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2017, 11:28 PM
About 5'4" (I'm shrinking! Aaaugh!) with weight hovering somewhere between 195 and 210. Most of the excess weight is being carried in my thighs and hips. No one believes me when I tell them my weight, though, because I used to do a lot of weight training and look about 20 pounds lighter than what the scale says.

When I was younger I aimed for a weight of 130-140, but now if I could get into the 155-170 range I'd feel right at home.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
09-12-2017, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 12:17 AM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2017 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Many of them have people posting pics of themselves, including listing height and weight, ...

HA! I found the fundoshi pic you've been givng me shit to produce. 5'10" at 215 lbs. I'm now 5'10" at 195 lbs and the frontal pic looks exactly the same (except the gyno in the titties is gone). My ass is much tighter now. HA! I knew I'd find it. Smile

[Image: sOYye9x.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2017, 12:24 AM
(02-11-2017 04:56 AM)unsapien Wrote:  Now I weigh more then both combined (I'm around 290 now). I've been as high as 310 lbs.

I've been up to 285 at 5'10". Got me a Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis. You ain't got the diabeetus with those numbers?

#sigh
09-12-2017, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 12:43 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-11-2017 08:24 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyway, Fuck society. Be beautiful as is. Heart

Well, yes and no. I'm 5'11", 220 lbs, and diabetic. I would be healthier if I lost weight. If I don't struggle with my weight, I gain more. Like Alice, I would have to run twice as fast to actually get anywhere. I therefore have to maintain my dissatisfation with myself.

So there's that....

That's me. ... Except I'm 195 now and my diabetes is gone because I just ain't that interested in eating no more. (Still won't stop taking Metformin, I'd take that even f I wasn't prescribed it for its life extension properties.) I think this may be symptomatic of anhedonia. I just eat to live now. I'm 55 and have the blood work and sex hormones of a virile 20 yo male and I'm like, pffft, whatever. My fear is that I think I can live a very long time like this. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2017, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 12:56 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-11-2017 08:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm 5'10" and about 180 pounds.

I managed to get myself down to almost 170 a year ago with some fairly reasonable* dieting, but then I stopped, and put pretty much all of it back on. I'd like to resume said diet in earnest and drop down to about 165. I've always been quite slender, and despite efforts in my teens and 20's, I can't really build much muscle bulk. I can get noticeably stronger and more tone, but I never get bigger. So, I'm fine realizing that I'm always going to be fairly slender, which makes me think 165 is probably a good target weight.

You're an ectomorph. I'm an endomorph. You probably start to show a pot belly with 10 lbs of weight gain, it's more like 30 lbs. for an endo and even then it's not a pot belly but more like a general increase in gelatinous core mass. Yes? I'm asking you. Is this what happens when you gain 10 lbs? Do you get a pot belly?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-12-2017, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 01:03 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-11-2017 08:36 AM)julep Wrote:  I hate pretty much everything about how I look, no matter what shape I'm in. A positive body image isn't something I'll ever achieve, but in a weird way, understanding that it's an impossibility helps.

What?!? No, just no. The fuck's wrong with you? No

Go play your flute until you feel better and shit. Hell record it so I can hear you play your flute. And pics or it don't count. The fuck's wrong with you?

#sigh
09-12-2017, 01:07 AM
(02-11-2017 09:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  More for the guys I suppose, but there was a TV program on here in UK some time ago, re: Penis Size.

Being a dude, it's all about "how big" it is, because for some unknown reason that's part of a similar social pressure. As a man, apparently you have to be at least 6ft tall, proper ripped and have a massive schlong lol.

In the program, they quizzed some women on the street about what a "good size" is, and to demonstrate using their hands to show the size. They did so, and then they actually measured the distance between hands that they'd done. Some where so laughably huge, that it's no wonder most average guys get stressed out about it.

At the end, they had a display of sorts, showing photographs of I think like 100 men, and their ding-dongs, to literally show not everybody has/should have a 10 inch member, and that all guys are different from that area, but also in body shape/size etc.

I imagine there is a similar pressure on women regarding breast size as well, but it was something that really highlighted an image that we all randomly have, mentally, yet in real life is total rubbish and makes no sense.

If both you and you partner have only had sexual relations with each other, these matters are trifling, amusing yes, but trifling. ... just saying. ...

#sigh
09-12-2017, 01:30 AM
(06-12-2017 11:39 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  My turn Smile

You're a sexy CanO'BakedBeans. Smile ... No homo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2017, 05:03 AM
(09-12-2017 12:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Many of them have people posting pics of themselves, including listing height and weight, ...

HA! I found the fundoshi pic you've been givng me shit to produce. 5'10" at 215 lbs. I'm now 5'10" at 195 lbs and the frontal pic looks exactly the same (except the gyno in the titties is gone). My ass is much tighter now. HA! I knew I'd find it. Smile

[Image: sOYye9x.jpg]

ClapBowing I wish I could give this 1000 likes Big Grin Well, looks like I found my new screensaver Drinking Beverage Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post