(11-02-2018 08:58 AM)skyking Wrote:  African Queen
LOL Smile

Creeped me right the fuck out. BlinkSadcryface
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Body ph and vinegar woo
(10-02-2018 03:45 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 04:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Uncritical acceptance of dubious information is the heart of advertising. Billboards are considered "too busy" if you can't take everything in within one second of seeing it.

And drug stores/chemist shops legitimise a whole lot of woo by selling snake oil like it's medicine . Magnetic bracelets. Liver detox. Bach Flower Remedies. Ear candles. Pharmaceutical Grade Essential Oils. Edible Manuka Honey, $69.95 for 250g. Blackmores Echinacea Forte 3000mg Tab X 150, $52.95.

Then you've got your private health care insurance providers. Here's a list of the woo the Australian ones want Australian taxpayers to continue funding government rebates on at the moment. Australia has universal public health care. Wealthier Australians have private health insurance. The rest of us can't afford it:

Alexander Technique
Aromatherapy
Bowen therapy
Buteyko therapy
Feldenkrais
Herbalism
Homeopathy
Iridology
Kinesiology

Massage therapy
Naturopathy
Pilates
Reflexology
Rolfing ( sounds sick and wrong)
Shiatsu
Tai chi
Yoga

I keep expecting cupping, leeching and holding a toad in the mouth for five minutes to cure a sore throat to be on there.
To be fair:

Tai chi is a great for keeping the body limber and is fantastic for keeping a sense of balance which is especially important when people get older. It's much harder than it looks. I think it has origins in the martial arts. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: Tai_Chi_2.jpg]

Yoga is wonderful for strength and streatching tendons and muscles. It ain't easy, kiddo.

Pilates is also a strengthing exercise sometimes done with resistance bands, weights and exercise balls. There's a pilates machine that looks like a medieval torture device but it involves resistance bands and pullies.

[Image: laura-shortspine.jpg]

Shiatsu is a type of massage that targets individual muscles. Nothing bad about a good massage.

Personally, I think health care should cover exercise and gym membership.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-02-2018, 11:34 AM
And somebody will try to make a religion out of any/all of those. "Here there be fools!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2018, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 06:32 PM by Sushisnake.)
(11-02-2018 11:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 03:45 PM)Sushisnake Wrote:  And drug stores/chemist shops legitimise a whole lot of woo by selling snake oil like it's medicine . Magnetic bracelets. Liver detox. Bach Flower Remedies. Ear candles. Pharmaceutical Grade Essential Oils. Edible Manuka Honey, $69.95 for 250g. Blackmores Echinacea Forte 3000mg Tab X 150, $52.95.

Then you've got your private health care insurance providers. Here's a list of the woo the Australian ones want Australian taxpayers to continue funding government rebates on at the moment. Australia has universal public health care. Wealthier Australians have private health insurance. The rest of us can't afford it:

Alexander Technique
Aromatherapy
Bowen therapy
Buteyko therapy
Feldenkrais
Herbalism
Homeopathy
Iridology
Kinesiology

Massage therapy
Naturopathy
Pilates
Reflexology
Rolfing ( sounds sick and wrong)
Shiatsu
Tai chi
Yoga

I keep expecting cupping, leeching and holding a toad in the mouth for five minutes to cure a sore throat to be on there.
To be fair:

Tai chi is a great for keeping the body limber and is fantastic for keeping a sense of balance which is especially important when people get older. It's much harder than it looks. I think it has origins in the martial arts. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: Tai_Chi_2.jpg]

Yoga is wonderful for strength and streatching tendons and muscles. It ain't easy, kiddo.

Pilates is also a strengthing exercise sometimes done with resistance bands, weights and exercise balls. There's a pilates machine that looks like a medieval torture device but it involves resistance bands and pullies.

[Image: laura-shortspine.jpg]

Shiatsu is a type of massage that targets individual muscles. Nothing bad about a good massage.

Personally, I think health care should cover exercise and gym membership.

Perhaps. But do you think the Australian taxpayer should be subsidising the massages, tai chi, yoga and gym memberships wealthy Australians enjoy, because that's what I meant by government rebate?

Australian health care is very different to American health care. We have single payer, universal public health care. Private health insurance is an optional extra. Most Australians can't afford it. The only people who have private health insurance are the well off. They're the same ones who have gym memberships etc, which they claim on their health insurance, then they claim a rebate from the government on top of that.

I personally don't think low income and working class Australians should be subsidising wealthy people's work outs. I don't think that's fair,
Find all posts by this user