Bohdan2's collected concerns about NDEs and Out of Body Experiences?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Atheists, do you believe this article? Does it scare you in any way?
(01-02-2017 09:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How many threads are you planning to start about NDEs?

You are starting to get a little spammy.

How many times are you going to ask to see if someone buys into your NDE nonsense?

Not one thread... not two threads... not three threads....

Four threads!

The magic number I was waiting for was four, so now that there are four threads, I can allow myself to believe in NDEs!! Banana_zorro
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
(01-02-2017 10:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 09:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How many threads are you planning to start about NDEs?

You are starting to get a little spammy.

How many times are you going to ask to see if someone buys into your NDE nonsense?

Not one thread... not two threads... not three threads....

Four threads!

The magic number I was waiting for was four, so now that there are four threads, I can allow myself to believe in NDEs!! Banana_zorro

I'm asking because I fear hell, not because I want you guys to believe it.
01-02-2017, 10:31 PM
(01-02-2017 10:29 PM)Bohdan2 Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 10:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Not one thread... not two threads... not three threads....

Four threads!

Do you fear it less now than after one thread ?
TTA is not your shrink. (If you don't have one, get one).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-02-2017, 10:33 PM
(01-02-2017 10:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Not one thread... not two threads... not three threads....

Four threads!

Why do you fear hell? Is it because the bible tells you so?

Maybe people here can debunk the scripture that causing that fear.
01-02-2017, 10:40 PM
(01-02-2017 10:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 10:29 PM)Bohdan2 Wrote:  I'm asking because I fear hell, not because I want you guys to believe it.

Why do you fear hell? Is it because the bible tells you so?

Maybe people here can debunk the scripture that causing that fear.

Honestly, I would have thought that the bible is a load of rubbish. I believe in evolution, I don't believe in the creation story, I have even questioned whether or not Jesus existed. The only thing I can't get past is these NDEs. I was raised in a very Christian home where I used to totally believe everything. Recently, I stopped. However, a Christian friend of mine sent me all these NDEs and links about them. Although there are scientific explanations for most, I don't understand why 1 in 5 people would have a negative NDE. I am surprised by that. I think because I was brainwashed I find this stuff extra scary. I am sorry for posting these questions and I promise I won't post anymore about NDEs. I realize it makes me look dumb, but it is fear more than anything else. I understand that it could be loss of oxygen to the brain, or cultural imagery, I am just surprised by how many people who have these experiences are so changed by them. That is what scares me the most.
01-02-2017, 10:41 PM

Four threads!

Google® is your friend. Use it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2017, 10:46 PM
If I could make one wish, with a 100% guarantee of fulfillment, it would be to criminalize the teaching of hell, with especially harsh penalties for people who frighten children with such tales.

Bohdan, the only way you are going to rid yourself of your fear is to confront that fear directly. We cannot do it for you. Videos cannot do it for you. You have to overwrite your programming with a new story. Say to yourself right now, "Hell is a myth invented by humans, and any god that would allow such a thing isn't worth worshipping. I trust that any god worth of the name would never create such a place, and that I was never in any danger."

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
01-02-2017, 10:51 PM
(01-02-2017 10:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If I could make one wish, with a 100% guarantee of fulfillment, it would be to criminalize the teaching of hell, with especially harsh penalties for people who frighten children with such tales.

Bohdan, the only way you are going to rid yourself of your fear is to confront that fear directly. We cannot do it for you. Videos cannot do it for you. You have to overwrite your programming with a new story. Say to yourself right now, "Hell is a myth invented by humans, and any god that would allow such a thing isn't worth worshipping. I trust that any god worth of the name would never create such a place, and that I was never in any danger."

Yabut, Ragnarok ... Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-02-2017, 11:02 PM
(01-02-2017 10:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, Ragnarok ... Shocking

My family mythology actually sees Ragnarök as a past event. It's also a cautionary tale about hubris (Balder showing off his almost-invulnerability) and a joke going a bit too far (Loki handing Hod a sprig of mistletoe, the one plant that could kill Balder).

Besides, at Ragnarök the Æsir and Vanir were fighting to try to save humanity from the fire giants.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
02-02-2017, 12:25 AM
HELLO Bohdan2! Big Grin

(01-02-2017 10:29 PM)Bohdan2 Wrote:  I'm asking because I fear hell, not because I want you guys to believe it.

(01-02-2017 10:40 PM)Bohdan2 Wrote:  Honestly, I would have thought that the bible is a load of rubbish. I believe in evolution, I don't believe in the creation story, I have even questioned whether or not Jesus existed. The only thing I can't get past is these NDEs. I was raised in a very Christian home where I used to totally believe everything. Recently, I stopped. However, a Christian friend of mine sent me all these NDEs and links about them. Although there are scientific explanations for most, I don't understand why 1 in 5 people would have a negative NDE. I am surprised by that. I think because I was brainwashed I find this stuff extra scary. I am sorry for posting these questions and I promise I won't post anymore about NDEs. I realize it makes me look dumb, but it is fear more than anything else. I understand that it could be loss of oxygen to the brain, or cultural imagery, I am just surprised by how many people who have these experiences are so changed by them. That is what scares me the most.

Sadcryface

Hug

Heart

Okay, folks have posted lots of stuff pretty much showing that all the things your freind is linking through too are bunkum.

Okay?

So... perhaps start a thread asking for help from forum members who've gone through the problem/pain you're going through now and how they handled it?

Very much cheers to you and yours. Smile