Bomb Threats and School Closings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Bomb Threats and School Closings
(16-12-2015 08:55 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I would close the schools in a heartbeat. However, the legislature should make the penalty for a bomb threat a minimum of ten years without parole even for juveniles.

Yes! Except that the kid's parents will try to plead it down (if it is a kid). Case in point, one of the guys in my woodcarving class used to be an arson investigator. They work, of course, in the fire department but have detective training and arrest authority. He was called to a residence where a kid had made a pipe bomb. The bomb squad called his fire station to assist in case anyone was injured. The bomb squad does not attempt to move a potential bomb, since even one bad move or static spark can cause it to detonate. This means that the bombs are detonated in situ; in this case, the kid's bedroom. Of course, the neighborhood was cleared out beforehand. Bet that made mom and dad happy. I did some crazy stuff as a kid, and am damned lucky not to have been injured, myself (but no pipe bombs). I watched my boys like a hawk when they were growing up, based on what I knew I had done.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2015, 02:58 AM
Seriously????

Blowing a pipe bomb up in the house is "safer" than removing it and tossing it in a bucket of water for a few days????

If this is a pipe bomb like every male kid in America built up till about 1975 --- it's just some black powder, a chunk of pipe with threaded ends, two caps and a chunk of fuse.....

If it blows up from static electricity, then every muzzleloader in the world is susceptible to the same danger and should be outlawed........

Some people, even professionals - have their heads up their asses...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Do they really think a legitimate threat would announce their plans prior to an attack?

Virtually none do.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
17-12-2015, 10:47 AM
(17-12-2015 10:03 AM)Loom Wrote:  Do they really think a legitimate threat would announce their plans prior to an attack?

Virtually none do.

But -- surprisingly -- years ago, the bombers WOULD call in the threat -- so they could take credit..... Otherwise - every other upstart group would take credit......

That changed with high speed communications....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-12-2015, 11:05 AM
(17-12-2015 10:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 10:03 AM)Loom Wrote:  Do they really think a legitimate threat would announce their plans prior to an attack?

Virtually none do.

But -- surprisingly -- years ago, the bombers WOULD call in the threat -- so they could take credit..... Otherwise - every other upstart group would take credit......

That changed with high speed communications....

Originally I heard nothing about a phone call that caused all this. What was reported the school district received an email that was routed through a proxy server in Germany. (Clearly indicating Vosur -- but that aside Tongue) LAPD, said it would take hours to effectively search each and every school in the district.

Once again, the schools generally have parts of their campuses that are open to the public during non school hours. Kids can play in the playground, older kids and adults can use tennis courts or run the track.

My old high school during the summer months even had the pool accessible to local residents.

I don't know about NYC, but I would imagine many of their schools are set up completely different.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-12-2015, 02:32 PM
(17-12-2015 02:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Seriously????

Blowing a pipe bomb up in the house is "safer" than removing it and tossing it in a bucket of water for a few days????

If this is a pipe bomb like every male kid in America built up till about 1975 --- it's just some black powder, a chunk of pipe with threaded ends, two caps and a chunk of fuse.....

If it blows up from static electricity, then every muzzleloader in the world is susceptible to the same danger and should be outlawed........

Some people, even professionals - have their heads up their asses...........

Neither of us were apprised of the entirety of the situation, so the choice made by the bomb squad was a professional one made on the facts present at that time. That's their job. Plenty of muzzle loading rifles blow up, as well.
18-12-2015, 05:42 PM
So, my place of business found an intermediary position here. We had a situation here today where they found some "white powder" in an envelope. It turned out to be nothing, but they evacuated the floors below mine and turned off the HVAC system. My colleagues and I had no idea at all this was going on until a security guard came around and said "you're all clear".

All clear? All clear for what? Imagine our surprise, and dismay, when we found out they evacuated all the building but the top floor. What the fuck?

#4thfloorlivesmatter.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post