Bomb in Oslo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Bomb in Oslo
Lots of speculations and rumours about the explotion in downtown Oslo today. I heard the blast at home (5-6 km away), but thought it was thunder. So far one person confirmed dead.

My partner, who is still in the hospital after surgery, has been moved out into the hallway to make room for injured people, and all available staff has been called to work.

Really scary and sad day for us no matter what happened.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2011, 10:10 AM
RE: Bomb in Oslo
And now they report of shooting at a political youth camp? Closing down the airports and roads too? This is not good! Sad Sad Sad

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
22-07-2011, 02:12 PM
That's crazy, I was reading about it this morning. I keep waiting for the news to report whether the man who carried out the shooting of those kids was involved with the explosion. Just nuts what some people are capable of, and for no justifiable reasons. How do you even began to feel comfortable with the idea of killing innocent people?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2011, 02:24 PM
(22-07-2011 02:12 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's crazy, I was reading about it this morning. I keep waiting for the news to report whether the man who carried out the shooting of those kids was involved with the explosion. Just nuts what some people are capable of, and for no justifiable reasons. How do you even began to feel comfortable with the idea of killing innocent people?

The death toll is still rising from what I can see. I am trying to look for some good to come of this but I cannot think of any.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2011, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2011 02:28 PM by Cubic Bubbles.)
This day has just been... wow. I have no words really. So sad. The latest news states that the police doesn't think it's international terrorism, but possibly a local nutcase that wanted to strike the political system. I read on twitter that some dark skinned people was attacked by angry norwegians in the streets. WTF? That must be stopped now!

The prime minister and Oslos mayor has been handling the media great, and I am SO proud of all the healthcare workers, the firedepartment and the police and all the civilians rushing to help, to donate blood etc., and 99,9% of all the activity I see online involves love and sorrow, not hate. It's getting late here, now we're all just hoping that that was it and no more horrible actions to come.

And regarding color - this image says so much about Oslo right now.

[Image: scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&a...;ysize=640]

[+] 1 user Likes Cubic Bubbles's post
22-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Odd...
I always thought the Scandinavian countries where such a model society.
looks like this craziness can happen to the best of us...

Is your husband alright?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, he is ok, thanks for asking.

Our prime minister just said: "The answer to violence is more democracy, more humanity, more opennes, but not naivity. No one is going to bomb us to silence. No one is going to scare us from being Norway"

22-07-2011, 03:13 PM
(22-07-2011 03:10 PM)Cubic Bubbles Wrote:  Yes, he is ok, thanks for asking.

Our prime minister just said: "The answer to violence is more democracy, more humanity, more opennes, but not naivity. No one is going to bomb us to silence."
judging solely on that quote, it sounds like the world needs more leaders like that.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-07-2011, 05:52 PM
(22-07-2011 03:13 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(22-07-2011 03:10 PM)Cubic Bubbles Wrote:  Yes, he is ok, thanks for asking.

Our prime minister just said: "The answer to violence is more democracy, more humanity, more opennes, but not naivity. No one is going to bomb us to silence."
judging solely on that quote, it sounds like the world needs more leaders like that.

USA here. One please.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like NotSoVacuous's post
22-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Current reports have the death toll at 80 people. How absolutely awful.

CB - my best wishes to your and your countrymen. I hope you find some meaning and solace in this tragedy, although I have no idea what that can possibly be. I also hope they dissect this guys brain to figure out what went wrong with him, and I hope he's awake when they do it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost