Bomber's mom: "he didn't mean to kill anyone"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Bomber's mom: "he didn't mean to kill anyone"
I have been watching France 24 for the past few days. One of the most idiotic comments I heard was from a friend of one of the terrorists who was killed. He said that no one had any idea he was a terrorist. He smoked dope so they just thought that what he was saying was normal for someone smoking dope. When he watched TV news about Western countries attacking ISIS or anything like that , he said he wanted to blow them up and claimed he had enough explosives to blow up all of Paris. Then, later, he asked someone to hide his Kalashnikov.

Just the normal sort of thing people say when high on dope I suppose. Nothing out of the ordinary for young Muslims.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 07:30 PM
(18-11-2015 08:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.....

... it's also a river in Sudan.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-11-2015, 01:43 PM
(18-11-2015 09:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think all moms do this. You see it on the news when they interview a mom after her son robs a store and shoots a few cops.

"He didn't mean to hurt anybody. He was a good kid, starting college next week."

well he's gonna be starting jail next week instead Smartass
19-11-2015, 01:52 PM
(18-11-2015 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Just goes to show, there ain't no love like Mom's love.

Crazy as it sounds, I understand her thinking. Mom's sometimes still see the innocent, helpless baby they held in their arms when they look at their grown children. That memory never completely fades.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-11-2015, 03:17 PM
(19-11-2015 01:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Just goes to show, there ain't no love like Mom's love.

Crazy as it sounds, I understand her thinking. Mom's sometimes still see the innocent, helpless baby they held in their arms when they look at their grown children. That memory never completely fades.

Oh I understand, I'm a parent. What I find crazy is that the gang banger mentioned earlier likely did it but we know for a fact that this guy absolutely did it. How do we know? There are pieces of him everywhere? At least the mom of the banger going to jail could say to herself that the testimony were lies, bad forensics, misID, or whatnot. Chunks of this guy were at the scene. Hard to argue with that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Meanwhile good people are being outcast by their parents/family simple for being atheist or gay.

This world man, I do not get it one little bit.
I wonder what this bitch would be saying if her son said he was a gay atheist, would she still be sticking to his side than?
19-11-2015, 04:30 PM
(19-11-2015 03:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meanwhile good people are being outcast by their parents/family simple for being atheist or gay.

I wonder what this bitch would be saying if her son said he was a gay atheist, would she still be sticking to his side than?

Probably not. She might help strap the bomb on him, making sure it was good and tight.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-11-2015, 05:50 PM
(19-11-2015 04:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meanwhile good people are being outcast by their parents/family simple for being atheist or gay.

Probably not. She might help strap the bomb on him, making sure it was good and tight.

Or putting the noose around his neck.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-11-2015, 06:09 PM
I would have to assume he at least meant to kill himself.

I find it hard to believe you would strap on a bomb belt as a fashion statement.

Yeesh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-11-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 06:46 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
It's entirely possible that he got swept up into something but didn't actually want to kill anyone, isn't it? I mean, not everyone has the stomach to do it, and peer pressure by itself can cause people to do some extremely absurd things, and we don't actually know the circumstances of how specifically he became radicalized. It's also possible that the mother knew absolutely nothing about what her son was doing.