Bombing, Massacre in Norway.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Bombing, Massacre in Norway.
Top news on CNN and elsewhere (next to Amy Winehouse). I just saw this story today and apparently the man who bombed a government building in Oslo, killing at least 7 people, and then went to a Labour Party Youth Camp disguised as a police officer to slaughter children and young adults (85 at last count) was a right-wing Christian Fundamentalist. One person who knew him years ago described meeting him as "like meeting Hilter before World War II." It appears from his facebook and twitter posts and political allegiances that his primary motive was to protest the government for allowing Muslim immigration. Once again we have innocent people being killed over religious differences. Angry

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Bombing, Massacre in Norway.
(23-07-2011 04:04 PM)hotrodmike Wrote:  Top news on CNN and elsewhere (next to Amy Winehouse). I just saw this story today and apparently the man who bombed a government building in Oslo, killing at least 7 people, and then went to a Labour Party Youth Camp disguised as a police officer to slaughter children and young adults (85 at last count) was a right-wing Christian Fundamentalist. One person who knew him years ago described meeting him as "like meeting Hilter before World War II." It appears from his facebook and twitter posts and political allegiances that his primary motive was to protest the government for allowing Muslim immigration. Once again we have innocent people being killed over religious differences. Angry

I know right!! I was so angry, he actually wrote a book on how he was going to kill people and ect...
Down with religion except for Buddhism and probably Hinduism!!!!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
23-07-2011, 10:02 PM
It's really sad. It's weird to hear a story like that about Norway. Here in the US you could almost expect something like that, but not there.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
24-07-2011, 03:37 AM
(23-07-2011 10:02 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  It's really sad. It's weird to hear a story like that about Norway. Here in the US you could almost expect something like that, but not there.

The Nordic countries seem pretty safe to me, nothing really bad ever happens. I guess it's a shock to the world.Undecided

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
24-07-2011, 06:00 AM
(24-07-2011 03:37 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(23-07-2011 10:02 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  It's really sad. It's weird to hear a story like that about Norway. Here in the US you could almost expect something like that, but not there.

The Nordic countries seem pretty safe to me, nothing really bad ever happens. I guess it's a shock to the world.Undecided

very sad. I wonder if christians think they are peaceful. No its not every christina..but its the drawback to religion. And sadly, still NO GOD, to stop it, explain it, or give answers. that's the real crime. And why do people still believe? In other news, a teenager killed his parents becasue he thought if he didnt, the devil would come back to earth.Dodgy

ANYTIME YOU WANNA HELP YOUR CREATION GOD...LET US KNOW!Angry

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
24-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I found these quotes online today, not sure who to give credit to:

" A white, blond blue-eyed Norwegian didn't only kill our people, he also killed prejudice, racism, foreign fear and the awaited joining of our nation to the world wide growing movement of religious persecution."

"If one man can spread that much hate, imagine how much love we can spread all together"

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
24-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if this event became a catalyst for widespread rejection of religious intolerance, prejudice, division, and dogma? I won't hold my breath, of course...

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
25-07-2011, 04:33 AM
God, in his endless goodness, sure had the best in mind. [Image: pukeface.gif]

/*possible overreaction/
I fear humanity is reaping what is sown by pop culture for the last 60 years...

That issues and problems can be solved by applying enough violence.
Of course there is no follow up on the problems as soon as the end title of the movie/game/series/music video scrolls over the screen. Dodgy

fuck all that oversimplification and generalisation we're subjected too!!
And yes... religion is guilty too. Guilty of the same black/white preaching plus guilty of incompetence.
/possible overreaction*/

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
25-07-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't know how to respond to this Observer. Not sure exactly what you mean. Could you possibly clarify a bit? And mabye if you have opinions about what we all should do?

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
25-07-2011, 06:46 AM
IMO, violence is to much glorified in popular media. On any given moment there is a murder or a shoot-out to be seen on a screen somewhere. Subconsciously giving simpeler minded peopole the idea that it can solve everything.

Trying to find a simple solution would be naive. Censorship? Rather not... Spanned over some generations of people perhaps?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.