Bond Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Bond Thread
(23-03-2017 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 02:58 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  More than that, Ian Fleming wrote Bond as Connery. After the first film was made, Fleming liked Connery's Bond so much that he started tweaking the Bond character of the books to make them more like Connery. This includes, if my memory is right, giving him a Scottish father. I read all the books as a kid, and Connery is the Bond of the books.

Oh, and I hated Roger Moore's Bond.

I felt also, they just got silly after a while. Until Craig -- Now they're much more like the books (in my opinion).

I thought they were pretty silly right from the beginning (Bond escaping from Goldfinger's laser death ray by deflecting it with his watch? Really? In the same movie, a female character named Pussy Galore? Really?), so that didn't bother me. A certain amount of silliness was always part of the mystique.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Bond Thread
(23-03-2017 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I felt also, they just got silly after a while. Until Craig -- Now they're much more like the books (in my opinion).

I only read one of the books, very long time ago. So I couldn't really tell.

For me it's much like the Avengers. They will always be John Steed and Emma Peel, although they were much more serious before that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply