Boner.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
RE: Boner.
I think people go and see it whilst they are here. To say its good for tourism indicates to me that people only come here to see the royals, which I dont believe.

McDonalds is good for tourism, but you never see Ronald McDonald Knocking about the place. The same can be said for all of the attractions we have. If the royals simply ceased to be then people would still flock to see the opulence palace.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM
(04-02-2013 04:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think people go and see it whilst they are here. To say its good for tourism indicates to me that people only come here to see the royals, which I dont believe.

McDonalds is good for tourism, but you never see Ronald McDonald Knocking about the place. The same can be said for all of the attractions we have. If the royals simply ceased to be then people would still flock to see the opulence palace.

If the Royals didn't exist then we'd hardly be noticed by the rest of the world.

And McDonald's is shit for tourism because they're in almost every country anyway.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
(04-02-2013 04:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If the Royals didn't exist then we'd hardly be noticed by the rest of the world.

What a royal piece of bull, Hughsie! Seriously, we like and respect you despite the royals. Not because of them. Lay off the pot and get this through your skull.

The royals, forsooth Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-02-2013, 04:16 PM
(04-02-2013 04:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  What a royal piece of bull, Hughsie! Seriously, we like and respect you despite the royals. Not because of them. Lay off the pot and get this through your skull.

The royals, forsooth Censored

I'm not saying you like us because of the Royals (you live in mainland Europe right, you most likely hate us Sad). I'm saying people notice us because of the Royals. It gives other countries something to notice us and remember us by.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Its prehistoric in my eyes. Its a tradition that should be left to the confines of the history books.

Non democratic lineage.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/18...t-meeting1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_prerogative

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
04-02-2013, 04:19 PM
No. We notice you because of Dr Who. and all that other shit.

And Tea. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-02-2013, 04:22 PM
(04-02-2013 04:19 PM)kim Wrote:  No. We notice you because of Dr Who. and all that other shit.

And Tea. Wink

I know how shit the last few series of Dr Who have been. I'd rather be associated with the Royals.

Best
Worst
04-02-2013, 04:24 PM
(04-02-2013 04:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm not saying you like us because of the Royals (you live in mainland Europe right, you most likely hate us Sad). I'm saying people notice us because of the Royals. It gives other countries something to notice us and remember us by.
Double fail Tongue

Really, it's too late and I'm falling behind with my work too much to give you a lecture on exactly what makes you great. You know how people say Paris is the heart of Europe or some such shit? Bullcrap! It's you. (Okay, and Rome and the Italians, too), but when it comes to culture, to philosophy and literature, to most of the things that have shaped Europe and made it what it is, we owe most of it to you. Do I really need to start naming names?

And don't you ever dare say how people don't notice or like you. Not in my presence anyway Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
(04-02-2013 04:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 04:19 PM)kim Wrote:  No. We notice you because of Dr Who. and all that other shit.

And Tea. Wink

I know how shit the last few series of Dr Who have been. I'd rather be associated with the Royals.

I lived in Reading for 10 years but I still don't support the Royals.

Big Grin

04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
(04-02-2013 04:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  And don't you ever dare say how people don't notice or like you. Not in my presence anyway Censored

Well I'll be expecting a shitload of points off Bulgaria at EuroVision then! Big Grin

Best
Worst