Bones of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Bones of Jesus
(04-02-2016 12:06 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  How could they possibly prove this anyway? Can't use DNA. Stupid idea.

Well, one of the bone boxes had possibly Jesus' name on it (in Hebrew I think) and another ossuary (bone box) excavated from the same family tomb had bones of a female and possibly Mary Magdalene's name carved on the box so they did a DNA test to see if the Jesus bones and the Magdalene bones were related and they weren't so they postulated that these two were married. Awww, isn't that sweet. Heart

Anyway there were other boxes in the tomb with names from Jesus' family (or so the bible story goes) so some think it might be Jesus and his family. Haha, married with children just like the rest of us poor slobs. Now it seems to me the whole resurrection story wouldn't work if his bones are sitting in a damn box. Maybe this is what the family did with the gold Jesus got for his birth day. They built a nice family crypt.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 05:15 PM
(04-02-2016 01:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 12:06 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  How could they possibly prove this anyway? Can't use DNA. Stupid idea.

Well, one of the bone boxes had possibly Jesus' name on it (in Hebrew I think) and another ossuary (bone box) excavated from the same family tomb had bones of a female and possibly Mary Magdalene's name carved on the box so they did a DNA test to see if the Jesus bones and the Magdalene bones were related and they weren't so they postulated that these two were married. Awww, isn't that sweet. Heart

Anyway there were other boxes in the tomb with names from Jesus' family (or so the bible story goes) so some think it might be Jesus and his family. Haha, married with children just like the rest of us poor slobs. Now it seems to me the whole resurrection story wouldn't work if his bones are sitting in a damn box. Maybe this is what the family did with the gold Jesus got for his birth day. They built a nice family crypt.

Would prove nothing, though. Nice story, needs more dragons.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Boners of Jesus, eh?
04-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Not long ago the Catholic Church still worshipped Jesus’ foreskin and held the Feast of the Circumcision, true story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce

Church of the Holy Prepuce Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-02-2016, 05:42 PM
(04-02-2016 05:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not long ago the Catholic Church still worshipped Jesus’ foreskin and held the Feast of the Circumcision, true story

Imagine if Christians wore foreskin necklaces instead of crosses.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
04-02-2016, 05:50 PM
(04-02-2016 05:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 05:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not long ago the Catholic Church still worshipped Jesus’ foreskin and held the Feast of the Circumcision, true story

Imagine if Christians wore foreskin necklaces instead of crosses.

Consider

Sacrificial circumcision necklaces?

Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-02-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 12:20 AM by Banjo.)
I think there is some confusion here with the ossuary of James, brother of Jesus. A known fake.

Here it is,

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Taken bodily up to heaven?

What the fuck does up even mean in relation to our universe? Which direction is he going? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-02-2016, 09:30 AM
(04-02-2016 11:09 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Well... he like, resurrected, walked around a bit then popped a few miracles then said, "I'm blowin' this here pop stand" and threw his bones in a hole and rode Pegasus to heaven sprinkling a rainbow of skittles behind him. Or some such other BS that they'll make up.

So if he's in heaven without his bones do they call him Floppy Jebus.

[Image: mx7n2Bh.jpg?1]

Floppy Jebus is officially my new word for him.
05-02-2016, 09:32 AM
(04-02-2016 11:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Jews believed in "shades". A shade was not recognizable, (by normal people).

A shade? What is that?