Bonjour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Bonjour
Hello! Well, I don't usually navigate toward forums, but as it is summer break I have lots of time on my hands. Obviously I am new to this forum (hence the introduction); however, I am not new to atheism. My name is Kyle and I am an 18 year-old male who lives in Canada. I have been an atheist for the past four years-although the first-year or two I had really no damn clue what I was talking about and what Atheism really is (I just didn't really think a God(s) exist). For example, I was never really taught evolution during my years at a Catholic Elementary School nor anything that really dealt with reasoning and fact. With this, I also started looking around on the internet and found out on my own things that I was never taught (that I should have been).

Ah, going back to my original point, I believed in evolution, but I really didn't know anything about it. For example, I did during my earlier stages believe that we evolved from monkey's. Again, I was misinformed during my first year or so of what Atheism and everything that is attached to it is, but I would like to skip past that part as I have since understood what Atheism and Evolution really is.

Like I semi-mentioned above in my paragraph, I have been raised in Catholic institutions. I was in a Catholic Elementary School, Catholic High School, and coming this September will be attending a Catholic University (University of Waterloo - St. Jerome's); however it is also split with University of Waterloo Main Campus. Anyways, I may create a topic later of why I still want to attend a Catholic University (being as I am an Atheist).

Well, seeing as this is a long post already, I will just summarize some other things about me.

- I am a vegetarian and have been one for about 6 years and a month
- I like to read, watch movies, play video-games (totally different from any other teenager - except maybe the reading part)
- I am going to hopefully major in Psychology
- I am very independent and not very fond of other people - I apologize in advance to the people of this forum Smile

Anyways, if you have any questions or what-have-you, post away (or don't).Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes T3hhippie's post
30-07-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Bonjour
Canada!

Represent!

Thumbsup

That's all I got for now.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome. Make yourself at home!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-07-2013, 07:08 PM
You might not be 100% french, but fuck it, here you go:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
30-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome, we've got snacks and babes.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
30-07-2013, 07:11 PM
(30-07-2013 07:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Welcome, we've got snacks and babes.

Hey new guy, Make sure to call Ferdinand a "he". Otherwise, he'll be very angry with you.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
30-07-2013, 08:09 PM
(30-07-2013 07:11 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 07:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Welcome, we've got snacks and babes.

Hey new guy, Make sure to call Ferdinand a "he". Otherwise, he'll be very angry with you.

Welcome.

Suggest you transfer to the main university at earliest possible opportunity.
What will you be studying?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-07-2013, 11:05 PM
(30-07-2013 08:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 07:11 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Hey new guy, Make sure to call Ferdinand a "he". Otherwise, he'll be very angry with you.

Welcome.

Suggest you transfer to the main university at earliest possible opportunity.
What will you be studying?

I will be majoring in psychology. Also, I should have wrote above, but the reason I am going to St. Jerome's is because of it's community-like feel compared to the main campus. Plus, my residence is 5 steps away from the class Smile
30-07-2013, 11:06 PM
(30-07-2013 07:08 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You might not be 100% french, but fuck it, here you go:

I may not be a big fan of Monty Python, but that was one of the greatest movie scenes ever created.
[+] 1 user Likes T3hhippie's post
30-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post