Bonjour, again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Bonjour, again.
Hello my dears.

How are you? Im glad to still be able to come here and that this place has not burned down yet. Evil_monster. I am pretty sure this means there is still hope for you. Angel

What has happened around here? I hope you’ve been well. Heart

When I was last here, that was not the case for me (being well). My life was in shambles, I was not me and I was dealing with the ugly things this life can bring; both in my personal and professional life. I tried to bear and grin it all. I thought I could endure. I maybe shared a portion with some dear friends here. I may have treated some friends badly. I feel horrible about that. Some things I will never tell anyone about what I have experienced in this life. Those things should find a dark corner and stay there until they disappear and die.

As much as I may have been a shitty friend or person (as a human can be), I will say I am pretty proud of myself for some of this. I found courage and with that I’ve gained strength. I made choices to change and I have appreciated the journey I’ve now had. I know beautiful things.

I was working in a field (counselling) where horrible things happen to innocent people (often children). Coincidently, I had some horrible, terrible things happen to myself at the same time. Things that headlines and horror stories are made of. Those things can never be shared, told or even understood until much longer after they’ve happened. As I was trying to deal with these things and help others deal with these things I became a wreck. I was a skeptic of everyone… or rather I became paranoid of everyone and everything. Trust is a vulnerable and valuable thing in any kind of relationship, and to know that it can be real again when it had been so violated is not an easy thing to know.

I needed to get away. I needed to find perspective and I needed to gather myself. I know too many people who have fallen off the edge of this life and never came back… or maybe they did but things were not the same. Stress can do funny things to people. I’ve heard and I know how nature can break what does not bend. I didn’t want to break. I wouldn’t let that happen. Life is too good of an opportunity to let it slip away.

So I held on for my daughters and I. I committed to the special people in my line of work until I knew they’d be okay and as soon as I could set that free, I did. I made sure my daughters and my family were on a good path. Then, I went on a trip.

I went to the wild. I went with my sister, my rock. We became untamed and we set ourselves free. We found slot canyons and climbed to their roof tops. We discovered the wild west. One night I was by myself when she’d gone to bed in the tent and I sat on a rock in the middle of miles from civilization and I looked up at the milky way. I saw so many airplanes and satellites fly by and I was so happy to be a part of this communal journey we have. It was so awe inspiring because at that moment I couldn’t contact anything (no cell service or any contact of any kind, we had canoed and hiked in), I was just observing how far we’d come as human-kind. It was a humbling experience. On this trip I had scrambled cliffs, encountered deadly snakes and scorpions (I had ended up in a rattle snake pit) and paddled through rock slides and nearly olympic level rapid waters (by mistake, of course). We’d rescued other people (there was a storm and unusual winds on our last days of our adventure) and we had conquered many fears. I learnt that when life hits you, you hit back. You keep doing that every day, every moment. You focus and you endure. And sometimes there is a break from the chaos, and it is everything. Heart

In the past few months I left my former line of work for now and started working in my other love, photography. I booked a lot of awesome opportunities that I’m excited for. I moved out of the city I’d been in and moved in with my awesome partner in a rural area. I bought a wolf pup and she takes me to those wild places I’ve come to love (Canada=bears, but with a wolf, no prob ; ) ). I’ve found a peace in my normal every day routines and I’ve found meaningful relationships with solid people. It’s been a long time- months and years- since I’ve felt normal. I love normal and I even love mundane, so much. I also love that in the last few weeks I’ve settled into a calm where I have time to spend doing things I love. I hope that finds me spending some time here, because I’ve missed this too. I hope the oldies here are keeping on and I hope the newbs find something at least interesting and captivating to bring them in, because I know this place is great.

Kind of an intense re-introduction, I know. Blush. Whatevs. Chive on I guess.

What’s new, what’s shakin’? Are you Americans really going to have a reality star be your prezzie? So weird BTW. Who’s the boss here? Who’s the current troll/PITA? Link me to the shenanigans. Shy

Here’s a few pics: please appreciate my dogs WHITE GORGEOUS eyelashes. Damn. Big Grin

[Image: 1_zpszkvsm7h9.jpg]

[Image: 25_zps5orl7hqz.jpg]

[Image: 5_zpscf5ntyr2.jpg]

[Image: 9_zpst39luhyc.jpg]

[Image: 33_zps7bgtpuyw.jpg]

[Image: 30_zpsgpnt2keo.jpg]

[Image: 44_zpst9c6nelm.jpg]

[Image: 55_zpsnb6hphwr.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 24 users Like LadyJane's post
25-08-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Bonjour, again.
WTF TTA? Gawd.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-08-25%20at%2011.44....kfw0by.png]

Anyway....

[Image: 66she-wolf_zpst0c7dlxh.jpg]

[Image: 77_zpsrnohhga8.jpg]

[Image: 88_zpsnygeaadt.jpg]
[+] 21 users Like LadyJane's post
26-08-2016, 12:05 AM
We missed you Lady Jane Hug

I'm so glad you came back Smile Smile Smile Sorry you went through such a terrible time. But you seem to have come out of it in an amazing way... almost... a fairytale ending. I mean seriously? Seriously??? That kinda stuff only happens in movies - or so I thought.

Your photos are awesome and your wolf-pup is cute... er... if it grows up to be a wolf, isn't it gonna be... like... quite wild? I suppose you're wild too Tongue So no worries. Although fortunately you've not forgotten how to use a keyboard Smile

Please make sure that you pop in now and then, we really did miss you. Heart Dog.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-08-2016, 12:13 AM
Lady Jane!!!!

Welcome home! Heart

Your pictures are gorgeous.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-08-2016, 12:59 AM
Glad you're back.

Those are some amazing photos and adventure-stories!

I don't know what you've been through, but I hope you'll take a giant mental hug from someone who has seen just about the absolute worst the human species has to offer.

Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm tempted to greet you with the traditional "Yabut, who are you?" but no, not this time.

Welcome back! Seriously, you were missed.

What's new? Oh, nothing much. No major moderating decision yesterday or anything like that. Everything is sweetness and light.

We've had some great people join the forum in recent months. Some have brought us news from the outside ... it turns out no one believes in gods anymore and we can all relax and come out of hiding.

One question ... please tell me your wolf's name is Lady. Is it?

Heart

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Hello, Lady Jane!

I'm a newbie but look forward to seeing your future posts. That's some story you tell.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Hello again! Big Grin

Hug
26-08-2016, 05:24 AM
Who are you again????

heh

Tongue

Welcome back!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-08-2016, 06:08 AM
Welcome back, LJ. You have been missed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user