Book/Article Recommends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Book/Article Recommends
Hey guys!

So I know there's a dedicated thread for books and such, but I would like to get some input from you all.

Since becoming an atheist, I've started reading pretty much anything I can find on the subject. Most of it centers around the four horsemen (Hitch, Rich, Sam, and Dan) but I'm wanting to see if there's anything anyone else has read that they would recommend to an atheist who is basically a sponge for information. I don't care if it's an article, book, film, etc. Doesn't necessarily have to be atheistic in nature. I would also like to read the other side of the argument, be it Christian, Jewish, Islamic, etc. so that I may better know the total argument and prepare for the people who will no doubt call me out on things as I get more proactive in my non-belief.

Also, I am a screenwriter, seeking my master's degree. Whatever you may think about learning how to be a screenwriter, it's something I'm really into. I actually get a lot more guff from the world for studying a creative art than I do for being an atheist. Go figure.

Be that as it may, I have to adapt something for a class into a feature film script. So, in that respect, what have you read (again, be it an article, book, short story....whatever) that you would like to see made into a film? I went to a bookstore the other day to try and find something to adapt but that's an expansive proposition. I don't much care for fantastical stories, which are most of the books my friends tell me to adapt, but if it's a story that I think I can write, I'll give it a good look.

So, let it rip. What should I be reading, and also what should I adapt?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Book/Article Recommends - sleepsoldier - 30-12-2012 01:56 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - Anjele - 30-12-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - sleepsoldier - 30-12-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - Anjele - 30-12-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - sleepsoldier - 30-12-2012, 08:45 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - Misanthropik - 31-12-2012, 03:54 AM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - itsacow - 31-12-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - Peter_24601 - 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Book/Article Recommends - Atothetheist - 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM