Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
RE: Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus
A good book for Pleasy. It's called "Madeline". It very scary.
Don't ready it before you try to sleep. That Miss Clavel was a real devil.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2013, 08:54 PM
My son really loved Good Night Moon when he was 4.
08-06-2013, 12:39 AM
"Good Night Moon", oh yes my youngest son loved this book so much I actually grew to hate it. It was as a consequence the first book I gave to my granddaughter.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
"Thomas the Tank Engine" You learn so much about the evolution of trains! Did you know that some of them can be red, while others (Simultaneously!) can be blue or green? There were two on the ark of course! Hauling poop!
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
13-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:Irreducible complexity is not a valid objection to anything.

Of course it is. You know of those "F" students who are caught by the teacher when they plagiarize an "A" paper? There are arguments for something that is too complex to be happenstance and too simple, also.

Quote:No true scientific proof exists for intelligent design (ID) or irreducible complexity (IC). Perhaps that's because IC is an argument from ignorance, and every time we have learned more and more about nature and cosmology, examples of IC have been found to be reducible and quantifiable.

Are you actually saying (I'm embarrassed if you are to hear you believe this) that there are no mysteries of Evolution remaining that are complex in nature? Google "scientists are not certain how this evolved" and come back to me.

Quote:Plus, who is to say that another religion's creation account isn't the right one?

Straw man. Most every religion we can think of has a CREATION account.

Quote:So far, everything of yours I've seen is, at best, "just so". Grow a pair, read the recommended books (that YOU asked for in the first place), and then come back and debate armed with actual facts and knowledge vs. "wisdom" which is more rooted in philosophy than science. Or are you afraid that you'll find actual truth and lose your precious faith? I lost mine, and I'm thankful to be free of holier-than-thou types like you.

I'll repeat what I said before. Most answers to my Evolution questions have been just so stories. Why can't we all agree to disagree and move on?
13-06-2013, 01:45 PM
because you're wrong and think that you have some right to make us respect your ignorant and delusional view of the world as if it were true.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-06-2013, 01:55 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:Another irrelevant meaningless point. The fact that some things remain to be studied, (in light of the fact that the fundamentals of most things have been discovered) is simply a "god of the gaps" argument on your part. Interesting that that is really what your "failth" really is all about. And here I thought it was about a "relationship" with your lover, Jebus.

No, it's god of the gaps on your part rather than mine. Genetic drift, stimuli, mutation, etc. cannot explain many, many, many things.

Quote:Haha. Thank your for affirming, precisely his point.

How does that affirm his point? All persons who have had some type of numinous experience that led to a religious text affirmed creation. If a religious text revealed evolution, we'd have something interesting and an important anomaly.

Quote:No. Your have proven yourself to be lacking in the background and ability to understand what has been spoon-fed to you. No wonder you wallow in "bible code" crap.

Is that why you never responded to my lengthy reply to you re: Documentary Hypothesis, with its multiple lines of logic and evidence eviscerating your theory?
13-06-2013, 03:13 PM
numinous, anomaly, eviscerating. Three big words from the troll, watch out he's using the argumentum ad magnum wordum!! Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh look, the clown is back. Are you ever going to apologize / respond to the criticism you received for your "you asked for it thread" or are you just going to pretend it never happened? This thread is a lost cause due to
a) your lack of intelligence
b) dishonesty in creating this thread since you knew you weren't going to read the recommended books anyway
c) brainwashing from your cult
d) a combination of 2-3 of the above.