Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Re: Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus
I lose my temper with stupid at times. But still, answer my question about classification.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus
I guess he is busy looking at some of the book recommendations Drinking Beverage Not actually reading them of course, as that would require him to give-up his absurd notions and definitions of science and evolution first.

Evolve
24-04-2013, 09:10 AM
(24-04-2013 07:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I guess he is busy looking at some of the book recommendations Drinking Beverage Not actually reading them of course, as that would require him to give-up his absurd notions and definitions of science and evolution first.

You can show him all the diagrams showing changes between species, you can line up all the skulls of our early ancestors all the way to modern human; he'll still have his fingers in his ears with eyes closed. Then post crap like this "Cats...cats...cats...cats... a million times. Look, still no dogs."

I really doubt that he was honestly looking for book recommendations, was more likely an attempt to provoke.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
29-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Still no PJ? What a damn shame. No

Evolve
29-04-2013, 09:56 AM
(29-04-2013 08:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Still no PJ? What a damn shame. No

Maybe we could send Ego in search of him. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Good Sense by baron d' Paul Henri Thiry Holbach
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7319

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Do you all think PJ gave up looking for his "black swan" here? Or is it more likely he and childeye are one in the same?

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-04-2013, 07:48 PM
(17-04-2013 08:00 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm looking for a book recommendation:

1. I totally believe in evolution, adaptation and speciation

2. I'm aware that we can see microevolution now in nature and in labs

3. I'm looking for a recommended paper or book on macro-evolution

4. I'm utterly not interested in any book or paper whose main tenet is "we assume small changes over time added up to macroevolution" ... really? If it's a proven fact and not a conjecture I'm interested in empirical evidence more than assumptions.

5. A component of macroevolution is the ascendancy of ancillary organs, etc. I'm likewise uninterested in any text whose MAIN thrust is "we can see macroevolution" in the fossil record and "look at all these transitional forms" because we cannot see them in the fossil record. I know about archaeopteryx and flying reptiles, etc. I also know darn well there are no fossils of any kind that demonstrate any evidence of half-formed appendages. A small bone is a small bone, not an incomplete bone. A small appendage is a small appendage, not a vestigial appendage IMHO.

6. I guess I'm looking for statistical analysis, DNA evidence, and well-reasoned conjecture more so than baloney Paleontology and philosophical diatribes from Hitchens and Dawkins.

Please don't try to "prove" Evolution to me on this thread. You all appeal to authority many times, go ahead and give me a book(s) written by a real PhD in biology, DNA research, etc. and appeal again--I will read it in full if it is a science text and not more of your philosophy.

Thanks!

Endless Forms Most Beautiful by Sean Carroll.
29-04-2013, 08:15 PM
(29-04-2013 07:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do you all think PJ gave up looking for his "black swan" here? Or is it more likely he and childeye are one in the same?

Probably. I have no problem arguing with them to the end of time.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-04-2013, 08:27 PM
(29-04-2013 08:15 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 07:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do you all think PJ gave up looking for his "black swan" here? Or is it more likely he and childeye are one in the same?

Probably. I have no problem arguing with them to the end of time.

I've noticed you have quite the stamina for it, I can't do it. I use a hit and run tactic since my ability to tolerate nonsense has fallen dramatically as I age.
Continue the good fight. Carry on.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post