Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2013, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2013 04:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus
(13-06-2013 02:51 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Another irrelevant meaningless point. The fact that some things remain to be studied, (in light of the fact that the fundamentals of most things have been discovered) is simply a "god of the gaps" argument on your part. Interesting that that is really what your "failth" really is all about. And here I thought it was about a "relationship" with your lover, Jebus.

No, it's god of the gaps on your part rather than mine. Genetic drift, stimuli, mutation, etc. cannot explain many, many, many things.

Quote:Haha. Thank your for affirming, precisely his point.

How does that affirm his point? All persons who have had some type of numinous experience that led to a religious text affirmed creation. If a religious text revealed evolution, we'd have something interesting and an important anomaly.

Quote:No. Your have proven yourself to be lacking in the background and ability to understand what has been spoon-fed to you. No wonder you wallow in "bible code" crap.

Is that why you never responded to my lengthy reply to you re: Documentary Hypothesis, with its multiple lines of logic and evidence eviscerating your theory?

You need to look up, in a 1st Grade dictionary, the meaning of "god of the gaps". The fact that many things are, (to your mind unexplained), is no justification to jump to "oh god did it". Thanks for yet again, proving you are not up to a real discussion here. YOU are committing the 'god of the gaps" argument.

BTW, the reason I did not bother to respond to any of you nonsense which you spouted, *supposedly* in reference to the Documentary Hypothesis, is that NOT ONE specific point addresses the actual Hypothesis, as scholars discuss it. You presented a bunch of irrelevant crap. None of which actually addressed the real arguments and points of the Hypothesis. You again proved yourself to be the form clown. If you want to present REAL textually based arguments, as I have in support of it, in many many posts, for how we might actually doubt the arguments of a majority of scholars, feel free to try. So far you have not even begun to do so.

As you know, you are very poorly thought of here. Your arguments, and level of knowledge both of science, and your own (supposed) field are rather remarkably poor. Shocking even. You really are not worth my time. If you had any intelligent arguments, or had any real scholarly knowledge, you might be interesting. As it is, you spout the lowest level of nonsense. At some point, it's just a waste of time discussing anything with you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2013, 12:22 PM
re: DH, it's rather simple, on one point. You proposed two contrasting political opinions, one supporting Judean primacy, the other the Northern Kingdom. Please explain to us all why EVERY king of the North in BOTH the Kings and Chronicles is a bad seed, fully condemned.

Do I really have to go into the Hebrew with you at length? Can't I just point out the folly of saying one set of texts was underscoring the "badness" of the people in the other, when BOTH condemned utterly every leader of the one group?

And also, which set of texts was written first? If it's the Northern texts, they must be based on history and we have fulfilled prophecies of Northern captivity and diaspora, beginning with the Assyrians. Before you cry "postdiction" remember how every Jewish person today is fully informed on the horrors of the real diaspora that is both prophesied in the Bible and ended (mostly) with the creation of modern, secular Israel.

If it's the Judean texts, than you have all the issues of prophecy of Jesus, the Messiah of Judah through King David. No, the waste of time was writing a kind, lengthy tract giving you opportunity to make me look bad on a half-dozen points with your intense scholarship. You ducked them all and used ad homs instead. PLEASE, PLEASE offer to debate me in a public forum somewhere, live and with a large audience. PLEASE.
14-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:you ever going to apologize / respond to the criticism you received for your "you asked for it thread" or are you just going to pretend it never happened?

I've asked for many things, and tried to put most of my objections to Atheistic viewpoints on this forum in the form of questions in the past months. If you'd like to tell me what/which thread you're talking about, I'll gladly respond and/or apologize.

But if you mean THIS thread, most of you have been abusive and provided ad homs. One person recommended some genetic-based texts that I am in the process of reading. The rest completely sidestepped my reasonable requirements and were unable (surprise, surprise) to recommend ANY evolution texts or books that were not the usual "slow changes just so add to big changes" and "just so evolution is not random but is stimulated changes" etc. Yawn.
14-06-2013, 02:03 PM
(14-06-2013 12:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:you ever going to apologize / respond to the criticism you received for your "you asked for it thread" or are you just going to pretend it never happened?

I've asked for many things, and tried to put most of my objections to Atheistic viewpoints on this forum in the form of questions in the past months. If you'd like to tell me what/which thread you're talking about, I'll gladly respond and/or apologize.

But if you mean THIS thread, most of you have been abusive and provided ad homs. One person recommended some genetic-based texts that I am in the process of reading. The rest completely sidestepped my reasonable requirements and were unable (surprise, surprise) to recommend ANY evolution texts or books that were not the usual "slow changes just so add to big changes" and "just so evolution is not random but is stimulated changes" etc. Yawn.

We have recommended books that explain evolution. Yo seem to be too ideologically-bound to be able to actually read them.

You are a religious bigot and will remain ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-06-2013, 02:11 PM
(14-06-2013 12:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

The thread i refer to is the thread YOU started entitled "You asked for it". Are you really pleading ignorance? Go look up the thread YOU started.

As for books, it is more than just the one or two recommendations that fit your request. You are just to biased and close minded to accept those. It is quite apparent that you should NOT start with the advanced texts as you have time and time again demonstrated full blown ignorance in this thread. Start with "Why evolution is true". You need baby steps.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
14-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Re: Book Recommendation for PleaseJesus
The books recommended do indeed fail to provide evidence for what you think evolution is. But that is like saying that a cookbook for burgers is no good because you think a burger consists of lettuce, tomatoes, and onions with a dressing in a bowl.

Evolve
14-06-2013, 10:14 PM
(13-06-2013 02:51 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Another irrelevant meaningless point. The fact that some things remain to be studied, (in light of the fact that the fundamentals of most things have been discovered) is simply a "god of the gaps" argument on your part. Interesting that that is really what your "failth" really is all about. And here I thought it was about a "relationship" with your lover, Jebus.

No, it's god of the gaps on your part rather than mine. Genetic drift, stimuli, mutation, etc. cannot explain many, many, many things.

Our knowledge will never be complete, but we have a method for systematically improving our knowledge. That method requires that we produce predictions from ideas and let reality arbitrate. You claim 150 years of work on understanding the history of life on this planet "cannot explain many, many, many things", but in order to start chipping away at evolution you must present a model that produces predictions that differ from those of evolution. You must make predictions about what we'll find in the fossil record that differ from those of evolution. You must make predictions about what we see in modern morphology of species. You must make predictions about what we'll find in the base pair sequences of DNA. There are experts out there who really are making predictions and discoveries in these areas. They make discoveries by boldly making predictions and either being proven right or proven wrong. The depth and breadth of our knowledge in this area is more than one human can consume in a lifetime, but you seem satisfied with an argument that well it can't explain everything - the knowledge isn't complete - so it is the same as, no better than, ideas that have made no useful predictions and have no explanatory power. We're not comparing scientific model with scientific model here. We're comparing a scientific model with an argument from authority.

We know how those comparisons go. If creationism is to avoid being continually eroded it must take seriously the business of building models and making predictions that differ from those of evolution. You and yours need to get your acts together. You need to stop arguing ideas and gaps, and start putting your cards on the table in the way that evolutionary biologists have been doing for more than a century now. Yours was the dominant model. it had the head start. Now it has some serious catching up to do, because all of its old predictions were proven false and those of evolution were proven true. You need new models and new predictions, or you need to let your false ideas go.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
14-06-2013, 11:50 PM
(14-06-2013 12:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  re: DH, it's rather simple, on one point. You proposed two contrasting political opinions, one supporting Judean primacy, the other the Northern Kingdom. Please explain to us all why EVERY king of the North in BOTH the Kings and Chronicles is a bad seed, fully condemned.

Do I really have to go into the Hebrew with you at length? Can't I just point out the folly of saying one set of texts was underscoring the "badness" of the people in the other, when BOTH condemned utterly every leader of the one group?

And also, which set of texts was written first? If it's the Northern texts, they must be based on history and we have fulfilled prophecies of Northern captivity and diaspora, beginning with the Assyrians. Before you cry "postdiction" remember how every Jewish person today is fully informed on the horrors of the real diaspora that is both prophesied in the Bible and ended (mostly) with the creation of modern, secular Israel.

If it's the Judean texts, than you have all the issues of prophecy of Jesus, the Messiah of Judah through King David. No, the waste of time was writing a kind, lengthy tract giving you opportunity to make me look bad on a half-dozen points with your intense scholarship. You ducked them all and used ad homs instead. PLEASE, PLEASE offer to debate me in a public forum somewhere, live and with a large audience. PLEASE.

PJ...you're keen for a debate? You're on! You pick the topic. Let's go to the boxing ring. I gotta warn you though...my last 2 fights have been ko's in second and fourth round. Neither opponent has been heard of since. I have a mean right hook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2013, 02:54 AM
(14-06-2013 12:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  re: DH, it's rather simple, on one point. You proposed two contrasting political opinions, one supporting Judean primacy, the other the Northern Kingdom. Please explain to us all why EVERY king of the North in BOTH the Kings and Chronicles is a bad seed, fully condemned.

The questions are more proof this dude has not the first clue what the DH even is. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Kings and Chronicles. It matters not which was written first, The texts in the DH were assembled later. The two he mentions are NOT the subject of the DH. The point about prophesy is nonsensical, irrelevant and also has NOTHING to do with the DH. He still can't see the forest for the tress as he's totally hung up on that "prophesy" bullshit, which has been explained to him over and over. Prophesy is NOT prediction. I would never debate such an ignoramus. He hasn't the first clue about the OT.

Proverbs 26:4-5 : Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he not be wise in his own eyes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Book writing help Cathym112 10 121 Yesterday 01:28 PM
Last Post: TheInquisition
  The Book Evolution's Achilles' Heels JONES 4 121 Yesterday 05:24 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  I was wondering what happened to Pleasejesus Revenant77x 6 167 10-08-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Book Idea Phaedrus 5 174 09-08-2014 12:16 PM
Last Post: Impulse
  I'm going to write a book... Imaginenoregurgitation 8 101 08-08-2014 07:52 PM
Last Post: Imaginenoregurgitation
  Seeking the Grief Stories of Non-Believers for “Grief Beyond Belief” Book Bows and Arrows 5 149 04-07-2014 08:49 AM
Last Post: jockmcdock
  [split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available) Jeremy E Walker 46 737 03-06-2014 08:34 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird