Book Recommendations? (sex education)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Book Recommendations? (sex education)
I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for sex education books for kids? My son is 11 so I'd like to get something geared toward pre-teen boys, and obviously I'd like to get something secular that isn't going to do any sex-shaming or anything like that. Preferably it'll discuss masturbation as well - because from what I remember of what sexual "education" stuff I read as a kid, that was not discussed at all and I felt it should have been. But other than that, I dunno, just something that talks about the changes he will soon be facing, etc. Discussion on the differences between males and females. It would be great if it had pictures or good illustrations as well.

My daughter is 15 and we've talked about quite a good bit, sex-wise, but I also would like to get something for her too. With all the stuff above, of course. Would be great to get a hold of something that also discussed birth control and condom usage.

I figure it goes without saying that the sexual act itself should be discussed in either book. For the older child, maybe something that goes into other sexual acts, perhaps (oral, etc.)? She is getting into dating age, will be driving soon, etc. So it'd be great to maybe have examples in it on situations she might find herself in. I want to steer her toward websites like Go Ask Alice as well. I think it's a good resource.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate recommendations. Hobo Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Book Recommendations? (sex education)
As an 11 year old - I preferred Hustler magazine to Playboy...... It wasn't till I was older - say 13 or so -- that I finally appreciated the good educational content of Playboy....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-09-2016, 06:30 AM
RE: Book Recommendations? (sex education)
I don't have a book recommendation, but it might be worth checking out sexplanations on YouTube.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.