"Arguably" by Hitchens 12.50% 2 12.50%
Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub
Building off of the first round of voting, here are the only 3 books to receive multiple votes. The winner will be our inaugural book, 2nd place the next book we will read, and 3rd place the next. Only one vote per this time.

After that, we will try to come up with 6 or 7 more to vote on.

All 3 of the books we are voting on are not too long, but are not all that short either. If I start a thread in 3 weeks for discussion, is that enough time or do we just want to set it as a regular monthly thing? As in, on the 7th of every month or the 2nd Sunday? (or something to that effect)

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub
Will there be testing involved? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-04-2013, 02:47 PM
(05-04-2013 02:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Will there be testing involved? Consider

Yes. If you fail, you go to hell.

But not the Christian hell as they know it. You go to the real hell. You know, the place ran by the enemy of god who would gladly welcome god's detractors by throwing huge parties? It is the only time where you really win when you fail! Thumbsup

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2013, 02:50 PM
(05-04-2013 02:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Building off of the first round of voting, here are the only 3 books to receive multiple votes. The winner will be our inaugural book, 2nd place the next book we will read, and 3rd place the next. Only one vote per this time.

After that, we will try to come up with 6 or 7 more to vote on.

All 3 of the books we are voting on are not too long, but are not all that short either. If I start a thread in 3 weeks for discussion, is that enough time or do we just want to set it as a regular monthly thing? As in, on the 7th of every month or the 2nd Sunday? (or something to that effect)

Sounds like a plan....

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Early lead for God is not Great.

Momsurrounded, if you need a copy since you may not have access to your kindle, let me know and maybe I can mail you mine. I literally finished that book yesterday, so I can jot down a few notes before sending it off.

Evolve
05-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Personally I'd prefer the longer time period...the time I get to just sit down and read isn't a great amount but I could probably do it in the shorter period if pushed, though as I said the longer one would be better for me.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
05-04-2013, 02:54 PM
That is one vote for a monthly thread. They may simply be the easiest way to do this. A regular day of the month means everyone has the same amount of time and we all know when the thread will open. Heck, maybe we could even try to arrange something via Skype.

If that is the case, maybe it would be best to do it as the 1st or 2nd Sunday of each month. Anyone have a problem with that?

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
(05-04-2013 02:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That is one vote for a monthly thread. They may simply be the easiest way to do this. A regular day of the month means everyone has the same amount of time and we all know when the thread will open. Heck, maybe we could even try to arrange something via Skype.

If that is the case, maybe it would be best to do it as the 1st or 2nd Sunday of each month. Anyone have a problem with that?

I'm fine with that.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
[+] 1 user Likes TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
05-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I like monthly too. Second Sunday probably will work better for me. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-04-2013, 02:59 PM
(05-04-2013 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Early lead for God is not Great.

Momsurrounded, if you need a copy since you may not have access to your kindle, let me know and maybe I can mail you mine. I literally finished that book yesterday, so I can jot down a few notes before sending it off.

Actually I emailed a friend and they offered to let me "borrow" their kindle version of the book...in return I'll let them "borrow" my 50 shades trilogy. It's win for me!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post