Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub
(05-04-2013 02:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Early lead for God is not Great.

Momsurrounded, if you need a copy since you may not have access to your kindle, let me know and maybe I can mail you mine. I literally finished that book yesterday, so I can jot down a few notes before sending it off.

Actually I emailed a friend and they offered to let me "borrow" their kindle version of the book...in return I'll let them "borrow" my 50 shades trilogy. It's win for me!

The beauty of books! Even the electronic variety.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
(05-04-2013 02:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like monthly too. Second Sunday probably will work better for me. Smile

Whatever works for everyone is fine by me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Haha, I'm really excited about this. Just wanted to announce that Tongue.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
[+] 2 users Like TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Time to head home. I will keep checking in on the thread and we will have a book picked probably by the end of the night to start out on.

Let's just set it at the 2nd Sunday of every month for opening of the thread and we can discuss any details for Skype discussions as we get closer to that day.

Just to clarify, that means our first discussion will open May 12th, the 2nd discussion on June 9th, and the 3rd on July 14th.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
05-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm excited too! This will be fun (I hope). Smile

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-04-2013, 03:05 PM
(05-04-2013 03:03 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Time to head home. I will keep checking in on the thread and we will have a book picked probably by the end of the night to start out on.

Let's just set it at the 2nd Sunday of every month for opening of the thread and we can discuss any details for Skype discussions as we get closer to that day.

Just to clarify, that means our first discussion will open May 12th, the 2nd discussion on June 9th, and the 3rd on July 14th.

Sounds like a good plan...though I don't have Skype. Maybe I'll make one just for this xD.

To me it looks like God is Not Great is going to win.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

05-04-2013, 03:07 PM
(05-04-2013 03:05 PM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 03:03 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Time to head home. I will keep checking in on the thread and we will have a book picked probably by the end of the night to start out on.

Sounds like a good plan...though I don't have Skype. Maybe I'll make one just for this xD.

Anyone else find it funny that Deconverted was not on the list? Kinda proves my point to Egor in that thread about Seth not posting on this forum. Cool

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 03:08 PM
(05-04-2013 03:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 03:05 PM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  Sounds like a good plan...though I don't have Skype. Maybe I'll make one just for this xD.

Anyone else find it funny that Deconverted was not on the list? Kinda proves my point to Egor in that thread about Seth not posting on this forum. Cool

Just realised that...I quite want to read that as well. Maybe it'll be here in the future?

05-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Re: Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub
I thought about it but I don't think there is as much to discuss. Someone's life story might lend for comparison, which we already do, but not much else.
05-04-2013, 03:51 PM
When will the polling end? 2, three hours? Less, more?