Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: Book number 1, #2, and #3 for the TTA bookclub
(05-04-2013 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 04:26 PM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  Looks like God is Not Great at 6 is the winner, then Delusion with 3 then Arguably with 2 (Sad)

And 11 people voted...didn't know that many had joined up.

I voted with all my sock puppets.Drinking Beverage

Oops, I posted that from the wrong account. Sometimes I forget to log out and back in as Erxy. Sorry gang. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-04-2013, 05:41 PM
YEA!!! I just got the audio book of God Is Not Great and it's read by ...
Christopher Hitchens!!! Clap

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
06-04-2013, 05:48 PM
(06-04-2013 05:41 PM)kim Wrote:  YEA!!! I just got the audio book of God Is Not Great and it's read by ...

Aww I'm jelly

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
AND ... The God Delusion audio book is read by Richard Dawkins and his wife Lalla Ward. Audio also offered a free 15 minute interview with Richard Dawkins - so I picked that up, too. Thumbsup

And here I thought I was going to miss some inference or get an odd interpretation of something! I really lucked out on these two! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
(06-04-2013 05:41 PM)kim Wrote:  YEA!!! I just got the audio book of God Is Not Great and it's read by ...

I have that too! And now I'm reading the kindle version and it's like I can totally hear his voice in my head. It's not like I'm hearing voices in my head. Well, I guess it is like I'm hearing voices in my head.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-04-2013, 06:54 PM
(06-04-2013 05:56 PM)kim Wrote:  AND ... The God Delusion audio book is read by Richard Dawkins and his wife Lalla Ward. Audio also offered a free 15 minute interview with Richard Dawkins - so I picked that up, too. Thumbsup

And here I thought I was going to miss some inference or get an odd interpretation of something! I really lucked out on these two! Smile

I admit to being a bit turned on by her portions of the book. Truth be told, that's probably why I liked the book so much and decided I was an atheist.

I'm easy like that.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-04-2013, 09:04 PM
I voted God is Not Great because not only is it my favorite out of the three, but I have the audiobook and it is easily the most listened to one I have.

I can't wait to discuss it with you guys.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
I have the God is Not Great audiobook, but I must admit I prefer to read things. Audios go too quickly. Maybe I'm just dumb.

And did you know that Lalla Ward was in Doctor Who as Tom Baker's companion? And did you know she was married to Tom Baker, then they split up and Douglas Adams introduced her to Dawkins and, well, they got married. Love that story. Dawkins steals an ancient, advanced alien's wife and runs off with her.

Also, Lalla Ward once illustrated a book about horoscopes, which I assume may have been a cause for dispute in the marriage early on Tongue.

Sorry, all these nerdy facts are a prerequisite of being a sci-fi fan, or, more specifically, a Doctor Who fan xD.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
08-04-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm looking forward to the next three months. I get to read and reread some really great literature.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
08-04-2013, 12:16 PM
(08-04-2013 11:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the next three months. I get to read and reread some really great literature.

Me too. I'm hoping I can make all the dates, really looking forward to this Thumbsup

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post