Book of Prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Book of Prophecy
I got into it with some Christian in a comment section recently who was going all nutty over the prophecies in the Bible so posted a link to this.

http://www.euro-tongil.org/swedish/engli...hecies.htm

There are similarities between Tui Bei Tu and Nostradamus, of course it's all vague and can apply to many historical events.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplain...ons-001864

Most cultures have books of prophecies, why don't Christians use these also. Or maybe they do and I'm not paying attention to such idiocy. Perhaps the Chinese Tui Bei Tu book is Satanic but the Book of Daniel isn't. Huh

What other prophecy books are there?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Book of Prophecy
(10-12-2014 08:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What other prophecy books are there?

[Image: Everyone_Poops.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
11-12-2014, 07:44 AM
(10-12-2014 08:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Most cultures have books of prophecies, why don't Christians use these also.

Because the Bible already has more than enough prophesies. If you talk to someone sufficiently invested in the idea of Biblical inerrancy*, they'll even tell you the Bible has a 100% track record! There's a whole line of apologetics to explain away all of the failures.

*Ha! Apparently my browser's spell checker didn't have "inerrancy" in it, and one of the top suggestions is "incoherent". Go spell checker!

(10-12-2014 08:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  [Image: Everyone_Poops.jpg]

Heh. I just read that to my daughters last night.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-12-2014, 06:24 AM
There were predictions about the fall of Voldemoort and we all know that Harry Potter is real because it mentions London and that is more than sufficient evidence to know it's real and inerrant.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-12-2014, 06:28 AM
http://kinosjourney.wikia.com/wiki/Land_of_Prophecies
http://www.chia-anime.com/1-kinos-journe...-episode-3

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
12-12-2014, 06:32 AM
(12-12-2014 06:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There were predictions about the fall of Voldemoort and we all know that Harry Potter is real because it mentions London and that is more than sufficient evidence to know it's real and inerrant.

He was indeed a powerful magician, remember how many witnessed his incredible Quidditch games on the flying brooms? Even more than witnessed Jesus' ascension!

That is undeniable proof of his existence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
13-12-2014, 08:44 PM
(12-12-2014 06:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 06:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There were predictions about the fall of Voldemoort and we all know that Harry Potter is real because it mentions London and that is more than sufficient evidence to know it's real and inerrant.

He was indeed a powerful magician, remember how many witnessed his incredible Quidditch games on the flying brooms? Even more than witnessed Jesus' ascension!

That is undeniable proof of his existence.

IKR? And let's not forget that he was here to save us from the awful mudbloods who "just don't get it." Those who don't accept Voldemoort as their master will suffer. Just remember that he loves you and wants you in his family so you may praise him for his power and glory. You know, I never really thought of the HP story as one about god and Yahway was Ralph Fiennes but now that I think about it, yikes!! Blink

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac