Books <3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Books <3
(31-05-2014 07:15 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I don't have high school maths. I never finished high school. I'm eager to learn.

As for philosophy, I don't necessarily want to read on specific schools of philosophy, but just reading current philosophers interpretation and conjectures about them.

I have read A short History of Philosophy, by Solomon Robert C., and Connections to the world - the basic concepts of philosophy, by Arthur C. Danto, and a couple of other short books on philosophy, (rather, an interpretations of Plato's Republic, and a book called The Death of Socrates.)

Thanks again, guys!

Edit: I'm also interested in language and logic.

Did you take Algebra?

OK, I strongly recommend Khan Academy. Check it out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-05-2014, 09:37 PM
(31-05-2014 07:15 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 05:04 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Ignore the Molyneux books suggested by Luminon.
I don't understand why do you say that. If you've got something against me, my judgement or my stuff, say it. If you can put it into words. Use PM, if you want, but grant me at least that much respect and be direct.
Is there a reason why everyone recommends history of philosophy instead of philosophy? The Gilgamesh's request didn't strike me as particularly formal or academical, except the math textbook.

No just against Molyneux youre ok

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2014, 08:18 AM

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
01-06-2014, 11:31 AM
I would be suprised if you were able to read beyond 20 pages of anything.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
(01-06-2014 11:31 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I would be suprised if you were able to read beyond 20 pages of anything.
I've read erotic literature longer than that, my man.